Sonar Image Simulation by Means of Ray Tracing and Image Processing
A problem of simulating sonar images in order to build better and more efficient sonar image recognition systems is still unsolved. The authors present an approach to this simulation by means of simplified ray tracing and image processing techniques. The process is divided into few stages: creating models, image synthesis and distortion simulation.
Key wordsSonar image ray tracing image processing simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Belderson R.H., Kenyon N. H., Stride A.H., Stubs A.R., ‘Sonographs of the sea floor’, Amsterdam, London, New York, 1972Google Scholar
- Russell G.T., Bell J.M., Linnett L.M., ‘Computer Model Creates Synthetic Sidescan Sonar Images’, Offshore Research Focus, No. 115, December 1996Google Scholar
- Kuchariew G., ‘Przetwarzanie i analiza obrazów cyfrowych’, Szczecin 1998Google Scholar
- Mignotte M., Collet C, Perez P., ‘Markov random field and fuzzy logic modeling in sonar imagery: application to the classification of underwater floor’, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, July 2000Google Scholar
- Pratt W. K., ‘Digital image processing’, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1991Google Scholar