Three stage face recognition algorithm for visitor identification system
In this paper a three stage face recognition algorithm is proposed. It utilizes well known recognition methods connected in a sequential mode. Some modifications to original methods are presented. The aim was to build a visitor identification system which would be able to operate in mode with a camera and present results on-line. The emphasis on speed and accuracy was stressed.
Key wordsFace recognition visitor identification face detection real-time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Brunelli, T. Poggio, Face Recognition: Features versus Templates, “IEEE Transactions on Pattern analysis and machine intelligence”, October 1993, 15(10).Google Scholar
- Z. M. Hafed, M. D. Levine, face Recognition Using the Discrete Transform, International Journal of Computer Vision 43(3), 2001.Google Scholar
- G. Kuchariew, A. Tujaka, Real — time face recognition system for visitor identification, “Proceedings of Sixth International Conference: Advanced Computer Systems” (ACS’ 99), Technical University of Szczecin, Poland, November 1999.Google Scholar
- G. Kuchariew, A Tujaka, Pattern Recognition Methods for Visitor Identification and Access Control, “Pattern Recognition and Information Processing”, Proceedings of Sixth International Conference PRIP’ 2001, Minsk, Republic of Belarus, 18–20 May 2001.Google Scholar
- G. Kukharev, A. Kuźmiński, Techniki Biometryczne Część 1 Metody Rozpoznawania Twarzy”, Wydział Informatyki Politechnika Szczecińska, 2003.Google Scholar
- MATLAB, Image Processing Toolbox User’s Guide, version 2.Google Scholar
- A. Nowosielski “Realizacja uniwersalnego modulu detekcji twarzy”, Materialy VII Sesji Naukowej Informatyki, Technical University of Szczecin, Poland, Informa 2002.Google Scholar
- T. Sim, R. Sukthankar, M. Mullin, S. Baluja, High-Performance Memory-based Face Recognition for Visitor Identification, Technical Report JPRC-TR-1999-01, JustSystems Pittsburgh Research Center, vol. 1.Google Scholar
- R. Sukthankar, R. Stockton, ARGUS: An Automated Multi-Agent Visitor Identification System, “Proceedings of AAAI-99”, July 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Yang, D. Kriegman, N. Ahuja, Detecting Faces in Images: A Survey, “IEEE Transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence”, vol. 24, No. 1, January 2002.Google Scholar