Data and Information Issues in Modeling for Resource Management Decision Making: Communication Is the Key
- 190 Downloads
KeywordsGeographic Information System Total Maximum Daily Load Information Issue Geographic Information System Model Resource Management Decision
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berish, C.W., B.R. Durbrow, J.E. Harrison, W.A. Jackson and K.H. Ritters, 1999. Conducting regional environmental assessments: the southern appalachian experience. Pages 117–166 in J.D. Piene, editor, Ecosystem management for sustainability: principles and practices illustrated by a regional biosphere reserve cooperative. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton.Google Scholar
- Dale, V.H., D.T. Fortes, and T.L. Ashwood. A landscape transition matrix approach for land management. In J. Liu and W. Taylor, editors. Integrating Landscape Ecology into Natural Resource Management. Cambridge University Press, New York, New York, USA (in press).Google Scholar
- Durbrow, B.R., N.B. Burns, J.R. Richardson, and C.W. Berish. 2001. Southeastern ecological framework: A planning tool for managing ecosystem integrity. Pages 352–357 in K. J. Hatcher, editor. Proceedings of the 2001 Georgia Water Resources Conference. University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA.Google Scholar
- EPA, 1996. Watershed Approach Framework, EPA Publication: 840S96001, June, 1966.18pp.Google Scholar
- Holling, C.S. 1992. Cross-scale morphology, geometry, and dynamics of ecosystems. Ecological Monographs 62:447–502.Google Scholar
- Odum, H.T 1988. Self-organization, transformity and information. Science 242:1132–1139.Google Scholar
- Peine, J.D. 1999. Ecosystem Management for Sustainability: Principles and Practices Illustrated by a Regional Biosphere Reserve Cooperative. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton.Google Scholar
- Regional Interagency Executive Committee, 1995. Ecosystem Analysis at the watershed scale (V21) The Revised Federal Guide for Watershed Analysis, Portland, OR., p. 187.Google Scholar
- Rogers, K. 1998. Managing science/management partnerships: A challenge of adaptive management. Conservation Ecology [online] 2:R1. http://www.consecol.org/vol2/iss2/resp1.
- Shannon, C.E. and W Weaver. 1949. Mathematical Theory of Communication. University of Illinois Press, Urbana, Illinois, USA.Google Scholar
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). 1993.Google Scholar
- Vogelmann, J.E., T. Sohl, and S.M. Howard. 1998. Regional characterization of land cover using multiple sources of data. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing 64:1:45–47.Google Scholar
- Walters, C.J. 1986. Adaptive Management of Renewable Resources. Mcmillan, New York, New York, USA.Google Scholar
- Walters, C. 1997. Challenges in adaptive management of riparian and coastal ecosystems. Conservation Ecology [online] 1:1. http://www.consecol.org/vol1/iss2/art1.
© Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 2003