The Effect of Smoking on the Clinical Features of Adamantiades-Behçet’s Disease
Part of the Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology book series (AEMB, volume 528)
KeywordsAlcohol Consumption Ulcerative Colitis Oxygen Free Radical Nicotine Patch Polymorphonuclear Leucocyte
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ehrlich, G.E., 1997, Vasculitis in Behçet’s disease. Intern. Rheum. Immunol. 14: 81–88.Google Scholar
- 4.Zouboulis, Ch.C., Kotter, I., Djawari, D., et al., 2001, Adamantiades-Behçet’s disease. Epidemiology in Germany and in Europe. In Behçet’s disease. A quide to its clinical understanding (S. Lee, D. Bang,, E.-S. Lee, and S. Sohn, edrs.), Springer, Berlin, pp. 157–169.Google Scholar
- 6.Silveira, L., and Mc Grath, H., 1992, Smoking controls symptomatology of Behçet’s disease. Arthritis Rheum. 35 (suppl.): 12S.Google Scholar
- 9.Breslow, N., and Day, N., 1980, Statistical methods in cancer research. Vol.I. The analysis of case—control studies. International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France.Google Scholar
- 10.Allison, D., 1999, Logistic regression using the SAS system. Theory and application. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.Google Scholar
- 11.Krause, I., Rosen, Y., Kaplan, I., et al., 1999, Recurrent aphthous stomatitis in Behçet’s disease: Clinical features and correlation with systemic disease expression and severity. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 23: 193–196.Google Scholar
- 12.Rivzi, S.W., and McGrath, H., 2001, The therapeutic effect of cigarette smoking on oral/genital aphthosis and other manifestations of Behçet’s disease. Clin. Exper. Rheumatol. 19 (suppl. 24): S-77.Google Scholar
- 16.Zouboulis, Ch.C., Katsantonis, J., Ketteler, R., et al., 2000, Adamantiades-Behçet’s disease. Interleukin-8 is increased in serum of patients with active oral and neurological manifestations and is secreted by small vessel endothelial cells. Arch. Dermatol. Res. 292: 279–284.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 18.Srivasta, E.D., Hallett, M.D., and Rhodes, J., 1989, Effect of nicotine and cotinine on the production of oxygen free radicals by neutrophils in smokers and non-smokers. Human Toxicol. 8: 461–463.Google Scholar
- 19.Bridges, R.B., and Hsieh, L., 1986, Effect of cigarette smoke fractions on the chemotaxis of polymorphonuclear leucocytes. J. Leuk. Biol. 40: 73–85.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2004