General Aspects and Clinical Manifestations of 100 Iraqi Patients with Behçet’s Disease
Most patients were in the third and fourth decades of life, males were stronger affected than females, age of onset and gender did not significantly influence the disease expression in Iraqi patients; higher frequency of familial occurrence and of joint involvement were clearly observed.
KeywordsSystemic Lupus Erythematosus Joint Involvement Fourth Decade Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Disease Expression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Davatchi, F., and Shahram, F., 1998, Epidemiology of Behçet’s disease in Middle East and Asia. In Behçet’s disease (D. Bang, E.-S. Lee, and S. Lee, eds.), Design Mecca Publishing, Seoul, pp. 581–587.Google Scholar
- 2.Zouboulis, Ch.C., 1999, Epidemiology of Adamantiades-Behçet’s disease. Ann. Med. Interne 150: 488–498.Google Scholar
- 3.Neville, B., Damm, D., Allen, C., et al., 1995, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology. 1st ed., W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, pp. 236–255.Google Scholar
- 5.Idil, A., Gürler, A., Boyvat, A., et al., 2000, The prevalence of Behçet’s disease above the age of 10 years. In Behçet’s disease (D. Bang, E.-S. Lee, and S. Lee, eds.), Design Mecca Publishing, Seoul, pp. 593–596.Google Scholar
- 6.Al-Joofy, I.Kh., 2001, Immunological and biochemical studies of Behçet’s disease in Iraqi patients. Ph.D. thesis, Department of Biology, College of Science, Al-Mustansiriyah University.Google Scholar
- 7.Burtis, C., and Ashwood, E., 1994, Tietz Text Book of Clinical Chemistry. 2nd ed, W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, chapter 28.Google Scholar
- 8.Bontoux, D., Alcalay, M., Reboux, J., et al., 1979, Changes in blood calcium, phosphorus, and alkaline phosphatase levels in rheumatoid polyarthritis, and other types of inflammatory rheumatism. Rev. Rheum. Mal. Osteoartic. 46: 389–395.Google Scholar
- 9.Jara, L.J., Lavalle, C., and Espinoza, L.R., 1997, Does prolactin have a role in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus disease? J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr. 20: 1–26.Google Scholar
- 10.Akdag Küse, A.A., Azizlerii, G., Sarica, R., et al., The course of Behçet’s disease during pregnancy. In Behçet’s disease (D. Bang, E.-S. Lee, and S. Lee, eds.), Design Mecca Publishing, Seoul, p. 967.Google Scholar