Part of the Advances in Photosynthesis and Respiration book series (AIPH, volume 10)
The Stable Primary Electron Acceptor (QA) of Photosynthetic Bacteria
KeywordsReaction Center Photosynthetic Bacterium Photochemical Activity Midpoint Potential Bacterial Reaction Center
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
For further reading
- R1.RK Clayton (1980) Photosynthesis: Physical Mechanisms and Chemical Patterns. Cambridge Univ PressGoogle Scholar
- R2.MY Okamura, G Feher, and N Nelson, (1982) Reaction centers. In: Govindjee (ed) Photosynthesis, Vol 1. Energy Conversion by Plants and Bacteria, pp 195–272. Acad PressGoogle Scholar
- R3.RC Prince and PL Dutton (1978) Protonation and the reducing potential of the primary electron acceptor. In: RK Clayton and WR Sistrom (eds) Photosynthetic Bacteria, pp 439–453. Plenum pressGoogle Scholar
- R4.G Feher (1992) Identification and characterization of the primary donor in bacterial photosynthesis: a chronological account of an EPR/ENDOR investigation (The Bruker Lecture) J Chem Soc Perkin Trans 2:1861–1874Google Scholar
- 3.A Vermeglio (1976) Secondary electron transfer in reaction centers of Rhodopseudomonas sphaeroides. Out-of-phase periodicity of two for the formation of ubisemiquinone and fully reduced ubiquinone. Biochim Biophys Acta 459: 516–524Google Scholar
- 7.MY Okamura, RA Isaacson and G Feher (1975) The primary acceptor in bacterial photosynthesis: The obligatory role of ubiquinone in photoactive reaction centers of Rp. sphaeroides. Proc Nat Acad Sci, USA 72: 3491–3495Google Scholar
- 9.DD DeVault (1984) Quantum-Mechanical Tunneling in Biological Systems. Cambridge University PressGoogle Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2003