Equilibrium Problems and Variational Inequalities
- 444 Downloads
We show that many equilibrium problems fulfill the common laws expressed by a set of conditions and that the equilibrium solution is obtained as a solution to a Variational Inequality. In particular we study the traffic equilibrium problem in the continuum case and we solve the problem to express this problem by means of a Variational Inequality.
KeywordsVariational Inequality Signorini Problem Obstacle Problem Traffic Equilibrium Problem Continuum Traffic Equilibrium Problem Duality Lagrangean Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Auslender, Noncoercive Optimization Problems, Mathematics of Operation Research (1996).Google Scholar
- V. Barbu, Optimal control of Variational Inequalities, Research Notes in Mathematics 100 (1984).Google Scholar
- P. Daniele-A. Maugeri, Vector Variational Inequalities and a Continuum Modelling of traffic Equilibrium Problem, In Vector Variational Inequalities and Vector Equilibria, F. Giannessi Ed., Kluwer Academic Publishers (2000), 97–111.Google Scholar
- G. Fichera, Boundary value problems in elasticity with unilateral constraints, Handbuch der Physik, IV a/2, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New York (1972), 347–389.Google Scholar
- G. Fichera, Problemi unilaterali nella statica dei sistemi continui, problemi attuali di meccanica teorica e applicata, Atti del Convegno Internazionale a ricordo di Modesto Ponetti, Torino (1977), 171–178.Google Scholar
- J. Gwinner, On continuum Modelling of Large Dense Networks in Urban Road Traffic, In Mathematics in Transport Planning and Control (J.D. Griffiths ed.), IMA Conference, Cardiff (1988).Google Scholar
- A. Maugeri. New Classes of Variational Inequalities and Applications to Equilibrium Problems, Methods of Operation Research 53 (1985), 129–131.Google Scholar
- A. Nagurney, Network Economics — A Variational Inequality Approach, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1993.Google Scholar