DOS Kapital: Has Antitrust Action Against Microsoft Created Value in the Computer Industry?
Part of the The Milken Institute Series on Financial Innovation and Economic Growth book series (MILK, volume 2)
KeywordsStock Price Abnormal Return Federal Trade Commission Computer Industry Earning News
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Banerjee, A., Eckard, W. 1998. “Are Mega-mergers Anticompetitive? Evidence from the First Great Merger Wave,” Rand Journal of Economics 29, pp. 803–827.Google Scholar
- Baron, D. 1998. “Integrated Market and Nonmarket Strategies in Client and Interest Group Politics.” Paper presented at the Positive Political Theory of Business Strategy Conference, Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley, October 15–17.Google Scholar
- Binder, J. 1985. “On the Use of the Multivariate Regression Model in Event Studies,” Journal of Accounting Research 23, pp. 370–383.Google Scholar
- Bizjak, J., Coles, J. 1995. “The Effect of Private Antitrust Litigation on the Stock-Market Valuation of the Firm,” American Economic Review 85, pp. 436–461.Google Scholar
- Bork, R. 1978. The Antitrust Paradox. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Cornett, M., Tehranian, H. 1990. “An Examination of the Impact of the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act of 1982 on Commercial Banks and Savings and Loans,” Journal of Finance 45, pp. 95–111.Google Scholar
- Cutler, D., Summers, L. 1988. “The Costs of Conflict Resolution and Financial Distress: Evidence from the Texaco-Pennzoil Litigation,” Rand Journal of Economics 19, pp. 157–172.Google Scholar
- Dixit, A., Pindyck, R. 1994. Investment Under Uncertainty, Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Department of Justice (DOJ). 1998. “U.S. Department of Justice Complaint in United States v. Microsoft (May 18),” online at http://interactive.wsj.com/edition/resources/documents/mssuit0518-1.htm.
- Gibbons, M. 1980. “Econometric Models for Testing a Class of Financial Models-an Application of the Nonlinear Multivariate Regression Model,” Ph.D. dissertation, University of Chicago, IL.Google Scholar
- Gilbert, R., Williamson, O. 1998. “Antitrust Policy,” In: Newman, P. (Ed.), New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics and the Law, pp. 3–9. New York: Slockton Press.Google Scholar
- Hertzel, M., Smith, J. 1993. “Industry Effects of Inter-Firm Lawsuits: Evidence from Pennzoil v. Texaco,” Journal of Law, Economics and Organization 9, pp. 425–444.Google Scholar
- Jarrell, G., Peltzman, S. 1985. “The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers,” Journal of Political Economy 93, pp. 512–536.Google Scholar
- Krattenmaker, T., Salop, S. 1986. “Anticompetitive Exclusion: Raising Rivals’ Costs to Achieve Power over Price,” Yale Law Journal 96, pp. 209–293.Google Scholar
- Liebowitz, S., Margolis, S. 1999. Winners, Losers and Microsoft: Competition and Antitrust in High Technology. Oakland, CA: Independent Institute.Google Scholar
- McChesney, F. 1997. Money for Nothing: Politicians, Rent Extraction, and Political Extortion. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Nash, K. 1996. “Netscape Warns Investors of Threat from Microsoft,” Computerworld, Nov. 11 Online via Computer Magazine Archive (http://cma.zdnet.com/texis/cma/cma/).
- Pindyck, R. 1991. “Irreversibility, Uncertainty and Investment,” Journal of Economic Literature 29, pp. 1110–1152.Google Scholar
- Prager, R. 1992. “The Effects of Horizontal Mergers on Competition: the Case of the Northern Securities Company,” Rand Journal of Economics 23, pp. 123–133.Google Scholar
- Quittner, J., Slatalla, M. 1998. Speeding the Net: The Inside Story of Netscape and How It Challenged Microsoft. New York: Atlantic Monthly Press.Google Scholar
- Rose, N. 1985. “The Incidence of Regulatory Rents in the Motor Carrier Industry,” Rand Journal of Economics 16, pp. 299–318.Google Scholar
- Salinger, M. 1992. “Standard Errors in Event Studies,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 27, pp. 39–53.Google Scholar
- Schipper, K., Thompson, R. 1983. “The Impact of Merger-Related Regulations on the Shareholders of Acquiring Firms,” Journal of Accounting Research 21, pp. 184–221.Google Scholar
- Smith, R., Bradley, M., Jarrell, G. 1986. “Studying Firm-Specific Effects of Regulation with Stock Market Data: An Application to Oil Price Regulation,” Rand Journal of Economics 17, pp. 467–489.Google Scholar
- Wilson, J. 1980. The Politics of Regulation. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Wolf, C. 1993. Markets or Governments? Choosing Between Imperfect Alternatives, 2nd Edition. Cambridge, MA: IT Press.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002