Ca2+-Induced Transition in Mitochondria: A Cellular Catastrophe?
- 157 Downloads
KeywordsAdrenal Cortex Permeability Transition Pore Heart Mitochondrion Mitochondrial Calcium Malic Enzyme Activity
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allmann, D. W., Munroe, J., Wakabayashi, T., Harris, R. A., and Green, D. E., 1970b, Studies on the transition of the cristal membrane from the orthodox to the aggregated configuration: II. Determinants of the orthodox-aggregated transition in adrenal cortex mitochondria, J. Bioenerg. 1:87–107.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Allmann, D, W., Munroe, J., Wakabayashi, T., and Green, D. E., 1970c, Studies on the transition of the cristal membrane from the orthodox to the aggregated configuration: III. Loss of coupling ability of adrenal cortex mitochondria in the orthodox configuration, J. Bioenerg. 1:331–353.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Attschuld, R. A., Hohl, C. M., Castillo, L. C., Garleb, A. A., Starling, R. C., and Brierley, G. P., 1992, Cyclosporin inhibits mitochondrial calcium efflux in isolated adult rat ventricular cardiomyocytes, Am.J.Physiol. 262:H1699–H1704.Google Scholar
- Butow, R. A., Bennett, W. F., Finkelstein, D. B., and Kellems, R. E., 1975, Nuclear-cytoplasmic interactions in the biogenesis of mitochondria in yeast, in Membrane Biogenesis (A. Tzagoloff, Ed.) Plenum, New York and London, pp. 155–199.Google Scholar
- Haworth, R.A., and Hunter, D. R., 1979, The calcium-induced membrane transition in mitochondria: II. Nature of the Ca2+ trigger site, J. Biol. Chem. 195:460–467.Google Scholar
- Lemasters, J. J., Nieminen, A.-L., Qian, T., Trost, L. C., Elmore, S. P., Nishimura, Y., Crowe, R. A., Cascio, W. E., Bradham, C. A., Brenner, D. A., and Herman, B., 1998, The mitochondrial permeability transition in cell death: A common mechanism in necrosis, apoptosis, and autophagy, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1366:177–196.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Trump, B. F., Croker, B. P., and Mergner, W. J., 1971, The role of energy metabolism, ion, and water shifts in the pathogenesis of cell injury, in Cell Membranes, Biological and Pathological Aspects (G. W. Richter and D. G. Scarpelli, Eds.), Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, MD, pp. 84–128.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002