Transmission and Segregation of Mammalian Mitochondrial DNA
- 149 Downloads
KeywordsPrimordial Germ Cell Leigh Syndrome Sperm Mitochondrion Rapid Segregation Migratory Primordial Germ Cell
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Birky, C. W., Jr., 1994, Relaxed and stringent genomes: Why cytoplasmic genes don’t obey Mendel’s laws, J. Heredity 85:355–365.Google Scholar
- Fu, K., Hartlen, R., Johns, T., Genge, A., Karpati, G., and Shoubridge, E. A., 1996, A novel heteroplasmic tRNAleu (CUN) mtDNA point mutation in a sporadic patient with mitochondrial encephalomyopathy segregates rapidly in skeletal muscle and suggests an approach to therapy, Hum. Mol. Genet. 5:1835–1840.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Hecht, N. B., Liem, H., Kleene, K. C., Distel, R. J., and Ho, S. M., 1984, Maternal inheritance of the mouse mitochondrial genome is not mediated by a loss or gross alteration of the paternal mitochondrial DNA or by methylation of the oocyte mitochondrial DNA, Dev. Biol. 102:452–461.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Tulinius, M. H., Houshmand, M., Larsson, N. G., Holme, E., Oldfors, A., Holmberg, E., and Wahlstrom, J., 1995, De novo mutation in the mitochondrial ATP synthase subunit 6 gene (T8993G) with rapid segregation resulting in Leigh syndrome in the offspring, Hum. Genet. 96:290–294.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Uziel, G., Moroni, I., Lamantea, E., Fratta, G. M., Ciceri, E., Carrara, F., and Zeviani, M., 1997, Mitochondrial disease associated with the T8993G mutation of the mitochondrial ATPase 6 gene: A clinical, biochemical, and molecular study in six families, J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiat. 63:16–22.PubMedGoogle Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002