Sorting and recognition problems for ordered sets
How many questions are needed to identify an unknown ordered set which, however, is known to be isomorphic to a given "pattern" ordered set Po? This generalization of sorting is discussed together with related computational problems.
KeywordsBoolean Algebra Identification Algorithm Recognition Problem Ternary Tree Unique Maximal Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Bollobás : Extremal Graph Theory, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- G. Hetyei : unpublished.Google Scholar
- D. Kelly : On the dimension of partially ordered sets, Discr. Math. 35, 135–156.Google Scholar
- D.E. Knuth : The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 3, Addison Wesley, Reading MA.Google Scholar
- N. Linial and M.E. Saks : Information bounds are good for search problems on ordered structures, 24th IEEE FOCS, 473–475.Google Scholar
- L. Lovász : Combinatorial Problems and Exercises, Akadémiai Kiadó.Google Scholar
- I. Rabinovitch and I. Rival : The rank of a distributive lattice, Discr. Math. 25, 275–279.Google Scholar