Implementation of hDE-HTS Optimized T2FPID Controller in Solar-Thermal System
In this paper, a fair approach is interpreted to validate the novelty of Type-2 Fuzzy PID (T2FPID) controller over Type-1 or conventional Fuzzy PID (FPID) and PI controller as secondary frequency controller and Heat Transfer Search (HTS) algorithm is adopted to extract the optimum gains of the controllers. T2FPID controller has a beautiful property to handle large uncertainties of the system with extra degree of freedom. T2FPID controller is implemented in a two area interconnected thermal-PV power system to enhance the system performance. ITAE is adopted as objective function of the system to lessen the undershoot, overshoot, and settling time of frequency and tie-line power deviation. A novel hDE-HTS algorithm is adopted to enhance the system performance by searching the relevant pair of gains of controller. This analysis is executed by implementing a step signal (load disturbance) of magnitude 0.1 in area-2 to study the transiency of the system. The novelty of this work is to implement hDE-HTS optimized T2FPID controller to enhance the Solar-thermal system responses (Frequency and tie-line power deviations).
KeywordsAutomatic generation control (AGC) Differential evolution (DE) Fuzzy PID controller (FPID) Heat transfer search (HTS) PI controller Type-2 fuzzy PID controller (T2FPID)
- 1.Kundur, P.: Power System Stability and Control by Prabha Kundur.pdf, p. 1199 (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Singh, R., Sen, I.: Tuning of PID controller based AGC system using genetic algorithms, vol. 3, pp 531–534 (2004)Google Scholar
- 16.Nayak, J.R., Pati, T.K., Sahu, B.K., Kar, S.K.: Fuzzy-PID controller optimized TLBO algorithm on automatic generation control of a two-area interconnected power system. In: IEEE International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies ICCPCT 2015, pp 4–7 (2015)Google Scholar
- 17.Pati, T.K., Nayak, J.R., Sahu, B.K.: Application of TLBO algorithm to study the performance of automatic generation control of a two-area multi-units interconnected power system. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy Systems SPICES 2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.Nayak, J.R., Shaw, B., Shahu, B.K.: Load frequency control of hydro-thermal power system using fuzzy PID controller optimized by hybrid DECRPSO algorithm. Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 114(9), 147–155 (2017)Google Scholar