Noise Cancelation Using Adaptive Filter
Adaptive filtering creates one of the core technologies in the field of the digital signal processing and finds various applications in the area of science and technology, viz., adaptive noise cancelation, echo cancelation, channel equalization, bio-medical signal processing, etc. The principal objective of the noise cancelation is based on elimination of noise from audio as well as ECG (Electrocardiogram) signals. In this paper, an adaptive ECG filter is introduced to reduce the noise originated by body artifacts and exterior systems. The type of noises include interference caused by power line, interference caused by other electronic equipment, noise from electrode contact, and removing of movement of patient by adaptive filter to produce best results.
KeywordsNoise Adaptive algorithm Adaptive filter ANC LMS NLMS ECG
- 1.Sahu, K., Sinha, R.: Simulation of NLMS adaptive filter for noise cancellation. Int. J. Eng. Appl. Sci. (IJEAS), ISSN: 2394-3661Google Scholar
- 2.He, Y., He, H., Li, L., Wu, Y., Pan, H.: The applications and simulation of adaptive filter in noise canceling. In: 2008 International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 1–4. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Haykin, S.S.: Adaptive Filter Theory. Pearson Education India (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Proakis, J.G.: Digital Signal Processing: Principles Algorithms and Applications. Pearson Education India (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Moody, G.B., Mark, R.G.: QRS morphology representation and noise estimation using the Karhunen-Loeve transform. In: Computers in Cardiology 1989, Proceedings, pp. 269–272. IEEE (1989)Google Scholar