Study and Performance Analysis of Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs) as a Global VLSI Interconnects
This research works are primarily focused on the modeling approach of Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs). Based on the number of conducting channels and different number of shells and their arrangements in bundles an Equivalent Single Conductor (ESC) transmission line model proposed to analyze the effect of power dissipation and propagation delay. Driver Interconnect Load (DIL) system is used to analyze the power dissipation and propagation delay performances. A SPICE simulation is used to compare the performance of bundle Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNTs) as compare to conventional bundle Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes (SWCNTs) interconnect. After the performance analysis it is observed that power dissipation and propagation delay increase with the length of interconnects, but the power dissipation and propagation delay decreases for bundle of MWCNT as compare to the conventional bundle SWCNT.
KeywordsCarbon nanotube (CNT) Multiwall CNT bundle (MWCNT) Power dissipation Propagation delay Interconnects Driver interconnect load (DIL)
- 1.International technology roadmap for semiconductors. http://itrs.net/reports (2013)
- 2.Srivastava, N., Banerjee, K.: A comparative scaling analysis of metallic and carbon nanotube interconnections for nanometer scale VLSI technologies. In: Proceedings of the 21st International VLSI Multilevel Interconnect Conference (VMIC), 29 September–2 October, Waikoloa, HI, pp. 393–398 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Das, P.K., Yadav, A., Kumar, K.: Propagation delay analysis of multi-layered GNR and multi-walled CNT through-silicon via at different technology nodes. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, WCECS 2017, October 2017, San Francisco, USA, vol. 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Majumder, M.K., Das, P.K., Kaushik, B.K.: Delay and crosstalk reliability issue in mixed MWCNT bundle interconnect. 0026–2714/©2014 elsevier LtdGoogle Scholar
- 14.Majumder, M.K., Kaushik, B.K., Manhas, S.K.: Analysis of mixed CNT bundle interconnects: impact on delay and power dissipation. In: 5th International conference on computers and devices for communication (CODEC) (2012)Google Scholar