Optimization of Tool and Process Parameter for Injection Molded Component
Injection molding is a standout among the most imperative techniques utilized for forming thermoplastic parts in industry. In molded case circuit breaker (MCCB), Trip-bar is one of the most critical components as safety is concerned which is manufactured by injection molding process. To get it manufactured within the specified warpage and deformities free, several mold flow simulations are carried out using Creo-MoldFlow. The outcomes of the simulation are used to design the mold tool and optimizing the process parameters. The objective of this work is to optimize the process parameters such as filling time, melt temperature, mold temperature for high glass fiber reinforced polyarylamide composites. This consolidates the gray relational analysis (GRA) and CAE flow simulation software, to simulate the process as well as to anticipate the fiber orientation.
KeywordsMCCB Injection molding MoldFlow simulation
This work was supported by Hyderabad Technology Center, GE India Industrial Private Limited, who provided insight and expertise that greatly assisted the work.
- 1.C. G. Corporation: Low-voltage circuit breaker with residual current tripping device. China Patent EP3171386 A1, 17 July 2015Google Scholar
- 2.Christensen, P.M.: Circuit breakers. United States Patent 2824191, 18 Feb 1958Google Scholar
- 3.Ozvelik, B., Erzurumlu, T.: Comparison of the warpage optimization in the plastic injection molding using ANOVA, Neural Network Model and Genetic Algorithim. J. Mater. Process. Technol. 171, 437–445 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Marton, H., Fawzi, B.: Sustainable injection moulding: the impact of materials selection and gate location on part warpage and injection pressure. Sustain. Mater. Technol. 5, 1–8 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Osswald, T.A., Natalie, R.: Polymer Rheology. Hanser Publishers, CincinnatiGoogle Scholar