A Proposal of Expert System Using Deep Learning Neural Networks and Fuzzy Rules for Diagnosing Heart Disease
- 88 Downloads
A diagnosing heart disease is significant for researchers investigated to develop applications for improvement of an expert system in health care. The aim of this paper is to design an expert system in diagnoses using deep learning neural networks and fuzzy rules for physicians to make the right decisions in diagnosing heart disease. Based on the historical data of patients, our proposed approach is to quantify uncertain information represented in fuzzy rules in the Knowledge Base for diagnosing heart disease domain. The proposed approach helps doctors to make the right decision in the diagnosing heart disease. All doctors’ preferences can be updated to the Knowledge Base which can significantly improve the quality of heart disease diagnoses. The experimental results show that the proposed system is capable of diagnosing heart disease with a high confidence of accuracy in decision-making as compared to conventional neural networks.
KeywordsExpert systems Fuzzy rules Diagnosing heart disease Deep learning neural networks
This research is funded by Vietnam National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) under grant number 102.01-2017.02.
- 1.WHO: World Health Organization, Media Centre, cardiovascular diseases fact sheet webpage (2017). http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/en/ (12.05.2017)
- 2.Ramirez-Bautista, J.A., Hernndez-Zavala, A., Chaparro-Crdenas, S.L., Huerta-Ruelas, J.A.: Review on plantar data analysis for disease diagnosis. Biocybern. Biomed. Eng. 38(2), 342–361 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Shao, Y.E., Hou, C.-D., Chiu, C.-C.: Hybrid intelligent modeling schemes for heart disease classification. Appl. Soft Comput. Part A 14, 47–52 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Tuan, T.M., Duc, N.T., Van Hai, P., Son, L.H.: Dental dagnosis from X-Ray images using fuzzy rule-based systems. Int. J. Fuzzy Syst. Appl. 16(1), 1–16 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Vivekanandan, T., Iyengar, N.Ch.S.N.:Optimal feature selection using a modified differential evolution algorithm and its effectiveness for prediction of heart disease. Comput. Biol. Med. 90, 125–136 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Samuel, O., Asogbon, G., Sangaiah, A., Fang, P., Guanglin, L.: An integrated decision support system based on ANN and Fuzzy AHP for heart failure risk prediction. Expert Syst. Appl. 68, 163–172 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.UCI: Heart disease dataset (1990). http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/heart-disease/, http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets.html (10.02.2018)
- 16.Moore, P.T., Pham, H.V.: Personalization and rule strategies in data-intensive intelligent context-aware systems. Knowl. Eng. Rev. 30(2), 140156 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1017/S0269888914000265. Cambridge University Press
- 18.Zadeh, L.A.: A theory of approximate reasoning. In: Machine Intelligence. Wiley, New York, pp. 14994 (1979)Google Scholar