Automated SLA Negotiation: A Novel Approach for Optimizing Cloud Data Overload
Cloud computing is a set of processes in which a large group of remote servers communicating together so as to allow sharing data-processing tasks, data storage and online access to compute resources. Managing the drastically increasing number of requests presents the most challenging part of cloud computing. This paper discusses a novel hierarchy for optimizing load to achieve a high user satisfaction. By preserving data about the best cloud service providers, this hierarchy enhances the end user’s satisfaction. In other words, as it is proposed in this hierarchy, suppliers with a maximum number of satisfied requests are more likely to be selected as soon as they have available resources/services. On the other hand, when no provider is capable to accomplish the requested tasks, a possibility of cooperation between two or more cloud suppliers is presented as a second option to ensure 100% of user’s satisfaction. In order to apply such an approach, a huge amount of resources are wasted when the in-between communication is taking place. Therefore, an optimized method of SLA contract establishment is tackled in this paper.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dialogic, Introduction to cloud computing (2010) (accessed February 2, 2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Praveen, S.P., Tulasi, U.: A Study on Qos Challenges in Cloud Computing. IJCC 2(1) (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Kouki, Y.: Approche dirigée par les contrats de niveaux de service pour la gestion de l’élasticité du “nuage”. Diss. Nantes, Ecole des Mines, 12–14 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Ray, B.K., Khatua, S., Roy, S.: Negotiation based service brokering using game theory. In: Applications and Innovations in Mobile Computing (AIMoC), pp. 1–8. IEEE, February 2014Google Scholar
- 8.Patel, K.S., Sarje, A.K.: VM provisioning method to improve the profit and SLA violation of cloud service providers. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing in Emerging Markets (CCEM). IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Kouki, Y.: Approche dirigée par les contrats de niveaux de service pour la gestion de l’élasticité du “nuage”. Diss. Nantes, Ecole des Mines, 96–104 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Soni, G., Kalra, M.: A novel approach for load balancing in cloud data center. In: 2014 IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC), pp. 807–812. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Abdullah, R., Talib, A.M.: Towards integrating information of service level agreement and resources as a services (RaaS) for cloud computing environment. In: 2012 IEEE Conference on Open Systems (ICOS). IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.