The Behavior of CPW-Fed Slotted Cantor Set Fractal Antenna
This paper presents the behavior of three iterations of a CoPlanar Waveguide-fed (CPW) CANTOR Set fractal antenna. This kind of antennas allows having an Ultra Wide Band (UWB) behavior and important gains. Also, the setup of slots allows having more lower resonant frequencies and therefore designing miniaturized antennas with good performances.
All the simulations were performed with FEKO 6.3.
KeywordsCantor set fractal antenna Printed antennas Antenna design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Balanis, C.A.: Antenna theory: analysis and design, 3rd edn. John Wiley, Hoboken (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Fang, D.G.: Antenna theory and microstrip antennas. CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Gross, F.B.: Frontiers in antennas next generation design & engineering. McGraw-Hill, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Reha, A., Bouchouirbat, M.: A Dual-Band Rectangular CPW Folded Slot Antenna for GNSS Applications. Int. J. Adv. Res. Electr. Electron. Instrum. Eng. 3(8), 11055–11061 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Reha, A., El Amri, A., Benhmammouch, O., Oulad Said, A.: Fractal Antennas: A Novel Miniaturization Technique for wireless Networks. Trans. Netw. Commun. 2(5) (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Reha, A., El Amri, A., Benhmammouch, O., Oulad Said, A., El Ouadih, A., Bouchouirbat, M.: CPW-fed H-tree fractal antenna for WLAN, WIMAX, RFID, C-band, HiperLAN, and UWB applications. Int. J. Microw. Wirel. Technol., 1–8 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Reha, A., El Amri, A., Benhmammouch, O., Oulad Said, A.: CPW-Fed KOCH SNOWFLAKE Fractal Antenna for UWB Wireless Applications. Trans. Netw. Commun. 2(4) (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Combes, P.F.: Micro-ondes. cours et exercices 1, 1. Dunod, Paris (1996)Google Scholar
- 15.Li, Y., Li, W., Liu, C., Jiang, T.: A printed diversity Cantor set fractal antenna for ultra wideband communication applications, pp. 34–38 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Li, Y., Li, W., Liu, C., Jiang, T.: Cantor set fractal antennas for switchable ultra wideband communication applications, pp. 1–4 (2012)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.