Single-Inductor Dual Outputs Buck-Boost Converter with Dual Switches
- 9 Downloads
This paper presents a single-inductor dual outputs buck-boost converter with only dual switches. The power distributive control and peak current control are used to improve the performance of load regulation and cross regulation. The proposed design is implemented with a typical 0.25 μm BCD process. The peak efficiency is simulated to be 87.69% at load current of 436 mA. The load regulation is 0.81 and 2.01 mV/mA for 1.0 V and 5.0 V, respectively. Besides, the cross regulation is 0.66 and 3.89 mV/mA for 1.0 V and 5.0 V modes, respectively. Moreover, the maximum load current is 2.234 A.
KeywordsSIDO Buck-buck converter Dual switches
This research was partially supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology under grant no. MOST 108-2221-E-230-008- as well as Cheng Shiu University under grant CS-2-108-19. Moreover, the authors would like to express their deepest appreciation to TSRI (Taiwan Semiconductor Research Institute) of NARL (National Applied Research Laboratories), Taiwan, for the assistance of thoughtful chip fabrication.
- 1.Moo C-S, Jian J-Y, Wu T-H, Yu L-R, Hua C-C (2013) Battery power system with arrayed battery power modules. In: 2013 International conference on system science and engineering (ICSSE), pp 437–441Google Scholar
- 4.Chang H-W, Chang W-H, Tsai C-H (2009) Integrated single-inductor buck-boost or boost-boost DC-DC converter with power-distributive control. In: International conference on power electronics and drive systems, 2009 (PEDS 2009), pp 1184–1187Google Scholar
- 5.Li G-L, Chen Y-C, Chang Y-T, Tsai C-H, Chen H-S (2012) A single-inductor dual-output DC-DC converter with output voltage mode switching. In: 2012 IEEE 13th workshop on control and modeling for power electronics (COMPEL), pp 1–4Google Scholar
- 6.Huang C-S, Chen D, Wu T-H, Chen Y-J (2011) Mix-voltage power conversion for single-inductor dual-output (SIDO) boost converters and SIDO bipolar converters. In: Proceedings of the 2011 14th European conference on power electronics and applications, pp 1–10Google Scholar
- 7.Huang C-Y, Chen Y-C, Tsai C-H (2013) Integrated single-inductor dual output DC-DC converter with power-distributive control. In: 2013 international symposium on next-generation electronics, pp 33–36Google Scholar
- 8.Sheu M-L, Tsao L-J, Liang K-C (2017) A single-inductor dual-output boost DC-DC converter with 0.5 V start-up. In: 2017 international conference on electron devices and solid-state circuits (EDSSC), pp 1–3Google Scholar
- 10.Qian Y, Zhang H, Chen Y, Qin Y, Lu D, Hong Z (2017) A SIDIDO DC-DC converter with dual-mode and programmable-capacitor-array MPPT control for thermoelectric energy harvesting. IEEE Trans Circuits Syst II Express Briefs 64(8):952–956Google Scholar