Double-Band Coplanar Antenna for GSM and UWB Applications
- 28 Downloads
A compact (25 × 30 × 1.6 mm3) coplanar antenna suitable to operate on both ultra-wideband (UWB) and global system for mobile communications (GSM) is presented. A coplanar waveguide (CPW)-fed antenna for 3.1–10.6 GHz (UWB) along with 1.7–1.8 GHz (GSM) will be useful for high-speed data transfer applications in embedded communication systems. Vital characteristics like radiation pattern, return loss, and bandwidth of the proposed antenna are investigated.
KeywordsCoplanar antenna Dual band UWB GSM Bluetooth
The authors wish to thank the research scholars and faculty members of Centre for Research in Electromagnetics and Antennas, Cochin University of Science and Technology, for their help and support in antenna fabrication and experimental results.
- 1.FCC (2003) First report and order, revision of the part 15 commission’s rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission systems, 98–153Google Scholar
- 3.http://www.bluetooth.org. Last accessed 9 Dec 2018
- 4.Bensky A (2000) Short-range wireless communications. LLH Technology PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 5.Balanis CA (2016) Antenna theory: analysis and design, 3rd edn. Wiley, HobokenGoogle Scholar
- 6.Schantz HG (2003) A brief history of ultra wideband antennas. In: IEEE UWBST conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hui ZHU (2008) Basic research on ultra wideband antenna and indoor positioning systems. Dissertation, Waseda UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 8.Anil Kumar CV, Damodaran S, Paul B (2015) A printed antenna with circular cut for bandwidth enhancement. In: IEEE TENCON (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Anil Kumar CV, Varghese B, Paul B (2013) A novel printed antenna for WLAN applications at 2.45 GHz. IJSER 4(8)Google Scholar