Fault Diagnosis and CAN Bus/Ethernet Redundancy Design of a Monitoring and Control System
- 2 Downloads
The ship monitoring system is used to monitor and control the working status of various equipment on the ship. The navigational safety of the ship is affected directly by the stable working of the monitoring system. In this paper, a ship monitoring system with fault-type judgment function and bus redundancy is designed to improve system reliability and reduce fault checking cost. A redundant Ethernet/CAN bus communication network is constructed in the system, which connects multiple simulation nodes. The simulation node can simulate the faults that may occur during the communication process and feeds back the fault information to the host computer. The host computer will analyze and display the corresponding fault type on the user interface with the feedback information is received. The system reconfigures the network route autonomously when the simulation node has a communication fault. Routing of fault nodes can be switched to redundant routing, and the load balancing of the communication network can be maintained. Through experimental tests, the system can accurately locate faults and achieve fast switching of redundant routes between buses. Hence, the reliability of data transmission is improved.
KeywordsFault diagnosis Route reconfiguration Network Redundancy
This work was supported by the National Key R&D Program of China (2017YFC0307800-03).
- 1.Guan, N., Wang, H.P.: Research on fault self-diagnosis technology of ship cabin automation monitoring system. Ship Sci. Technol. 38(15), 138–140 (2016). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Lu, G.S., Gan, H.B., Zheng, H.C., et al.: Application of relative principal component analysis in ship engine room monitoring system. Comput. Meas. Control 24(09), 140–142 (2016). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Sui, J., Yu, G., Zhang, W.: The ship monitoring and control network system design. MSIE 2011, 1100–1103 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, H.L., Tian, S.S.: Dual redundancy method for CAN bus network based on node redundancy. J. Detect. Control 32(04), 90–94 (2010). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Su, H.P., Shen, S.M., Liu, W.Y., Ye, Y.: Design of real-time communication system based on redundant CAN bus. Autom. Instrum. 28(01), 26–29+55 (2013). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Xiao, H., Guan, H.B., Huan, F.: Industrial ethernet redundancy analysis. Inf. Secur. Commun. Priv. (03):59–63+67 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar