STFRC: A Multimedia Stream Congestion Control Algorithm Based on TFRC
- 2 Downloads
To solve the stability of multimedia streaming in the network is of great significance to ease the congestion of multimedia streams. In this paper, an improved multimedia flow congestion control algorithm STFRC, which is based on TFRC algorithm and Smith principle, is developed. The STFRC applies the improved Smith principle to control the length of the bottleneck queue, meanwhile, combined with TFRC algorithm to control the sending rate. Theoretical analysis and simulation results demonstrate that the STFRC algorithm improves the throughput and the stability of the transmission of the multimedia stream compared with TFRC.
KeywordsTFRC algorithm Multimedia stream Smith principle Network congestion Bottleneck link queue
This work financially supported by self-determined research funds of CCNU from the colleges’ basic research and operation of MOE (No. CCNU19CG008).
- 1.Huang, Y.C., Chu, C.H., Wu, E.H.K.: A novel congestion control mechanism on TFRC for streaming applications over wired-wireless networks, pp. 9–15. ACM (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Schulzrinne, H., Casner, S., Frederick, R., Jacobson, V.: RTP: transport protocol for real-time applications. RFC 3550 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, B.: Video Transmission Research Based on TFRC Protocol Slow Start Improved Algorithm. South-Central University for Nationalities, Hubei (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, J.C., Gen, S.F., Li, R.F.: Video adaptive transmission mechanism based on TFRC protocol and simulation experiment. J. Comput. Appl. Res. 28(12), 4714–4717 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhu, H.T., Ding, W., Liao, H., Gong, J.: The effect of UDP traffic on the TCP return delay. J. Commun. 1(34), 19–29 (2013)Google Scholar