Welfare Effects of Investments and Input Subsidies
Part of the India Studies in Business and Economics book series (ISBE)
- 14 Downloads
This chapter measures the effects of various types of public expenditure on welfare at the disaggregate state level, in terms of agricultural productivity and rural poverty.
- Ahluwalia, M. S. (1985). Rural Poverty, Agricultural Production, and Prices: A Re-Examination. In J. W. Mellor & G. M. Desai (Eds.), Agricultural change and rural poverty. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.Google Scholar
- Desai, S., Vashishtha, P., & Joshi, O. (2015). Mahatma gandhi national rural employment guarantee act: A catalyst for rural transformation. New Delhi: National Council of Applied Economic Research.Google Scholar
- Dhawan, B. D. (1998). Studies in agricultural investments and rural Savings. New Delhi: Commonwealth Publishers.Google Scholar
- Fan, S., P. Hazell, & S. K. Thorat. (1999). Linkages between government spending, growth and poverty in rural India. Research Report 10. Washington, DC: International Food Policy Research Institute. http://www.ifpri.org/publication/linkages-between-government-spending-growth-and-poverty-rural-india-0.
- Fan, S. (Ed.). (2008). Public expenditures, growth and poverty: Lessons from developing countries. New Delhi: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Gulati, A., & S. Bathla. (2002). Capital formation in Indian agriculture: Trends, composition and implications for growth. Occasional Paper No. 24. Mumbai, India: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development.Google Scholar
- Himanshu. (2016). A decade of MGNREGA. Livemint, Feb 3. http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/IfCOJJUL4MrKmsJgV0LiCM/A-decade-of-MGNREGA.html.
- India, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare. Agricultural statistics at a glance (1980 to 2014). New Delhi, India: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Department of Economics and Statistics.Google Scholar
- Kline, R. B. (2011). Principles and practice of structural equation modeling (3rd ed.). New York: Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- Kumar, A., Kumar, P., & Sharma, A. N. (2011). Rural poverty and agricultural growth in India: Implications for the twelth five year plan. Indian Journal of Agriculture Economics, 66(3), 269–278.Google Scholar
- Manjunatha, A. V., & Kumar, P. (2015). Impact of national food security mission (NFSM) on input use, production, yield and income in Karnataka. Bangalore: Institute of Social and Economic Change.Google Scholar
- Nachtigall, C., Kroehne, U., Funke, F., & Steyer, R. (2003). Why should we use sem? Pros and cons of structural equation modeling. Methods of Psychological Research-online, 8(2), 1–22.Google Scholar
- Srinivasan, T. N. (1985). Agricultural Production, Relative Prices, Entitlements and Poverty. In J. W. Mellor & B. M. Desai (Eds.), Agricultural change and rural poverty. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020