A Method to Prevent Cascading Trip in Power Network Based on Nodal Power
- 24 Downloads
This paper proposes a method to prevent cascading trip based on the action of relay protection and the output of generator as the optimization variable for aiming at the cascading trip in power grid. Firstly, the critical state of cascading trip is discussed, and the safety index of cascading trip in power grid is analyzed based on the analysis of the performance of cascading trip and the action of relay protection. On the basis of this index, a kind of optimized model of cascading trip prevention is given while considering the various constraints of power grid synthetically. This paper presents a complete algorithm flow for solving the optimized model combined with particle swarm optimization algorithm aiming at the proposed optimized model. Finally, on a IEEE39 system, an example is analyzed by the MATLAB program, which verifies the rationality of the proposed method.
KeywordsPower grid Cascading trip Relay protection Particle swarm optimization
This research was financially supported by Doctoral Research Foundation of Fujian University of Technology under the grant GY-Z13104, and Scientific Research and Development Foundation of Fujian University of Technology under the grant GY-Z17149.
- 1.Qian, Y., Chen, Z., Yang, W., Cao, Y., Wang, X.: Review of cascading failure in power system. Shandong Electric Power 45(253), 1–9 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Han, Y., He, Y., Lou, F., Wang, Y., Guo, C.: Analysis and application of SDN based dynamic optimal route strategy for cyber layer in cascading failures of cyber-physical power system. Power Syst. Technol. 42(8), 2620–2629 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, Y., Huang, S., Mei, S., Zhang, X.: Analysis on pattern of power system cascading failure based on sequential pattern mining. Autom. Electr. Power Syst. 43(6), 34–46 (2019)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhu, T., Ding, J., Tian, S., Zhu, B.: Cascading failure forecast based on compound vulnerability relevance and improved Floyd algorithm. J. Electr. Power Sci. Technol. 33(4), 58–65 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Xu, D., Wang, H.: High risk cascading outage assessment in power systems with large-scale wind power based on stochastic power flow and value at risk. Power Syst. Technol. 43(2), 400–409 (2019)Google Scholar
- 6.Deng, H.Q.: Research on the safety margin of power network considering cascading tripping. J. Fujian Univ. Technol. 14(03), 255–261 (2016)Google Scholar