Channel Tracking Guidewire and Technique for Retrograde Approach
- 23 Downloads
Evaluation of the collateral circulation is critical for determining the feasibility of the retrograde approach. When assessing collateral channels it is of paramount importance to take time and review the previous angiogram carefully, for multiple potential collateral pathways, as the predominant collateral may change over time prior to the procedure. Careful review of collaterals prior to the procedure can reduce contrast and radiation dose as well as the duration of the procedure.
- 2.Nagamatsu W, Tsuchikane E, Oikawa Y, Sumitsuji S, Igarashi Y, Yoshikawa R, Muto M, Okada H, Katoh O. Predicting successful crossing via collateral channel at retrograde percutaneous coronary intervention for chronic total occlusion; the J-channel score as a difficulty estimating tool for collateral channel guidewire crossing success from the Japanese CTO-PCI Expert Registry. EuroIntervention. 2019:EIJ-D-18-00993. https://doi.org/10.4244/EIJ-D-18-00993.
- 5.Galassi AR, Werner GS, Boukhris M, Azzalini L, Mashayekhi K, Carlino M, Avran A, Konstantinidis NV, Grancini L, Bryniarski L, Garbo R, Bozinovic N, Gershlick AH, Rathore S, Di Mario C, Louvard Y, Reifart N, Sianos G. Percutaneous recanalization of chronic total occlusions: 2019 consensus document from the EuroCTO Club. EuroIntervention. 2019;15:198. https://doi.org/10.4244/EIJ-D-18-00826.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Abdel-Karimn AR, Vo M, Man ML, Grantham JA. Interventricular septal hematoma and coronary-ventricular fistula: a complication of retrograde chronic total occlusion intervention. Case Rep Cardiol. 2016;2016:8750603.Google Scholar
- 10.Sianos G, Papafaklis MI. Septal wire entrapment during recanalization of a chronic total occlusion with the retrograde approach. Hell J Cardiol. 2011;52:79–83.Google Scholar
- 11.Zhong X, Ge L, Ma J, Huang D, Yao K, Zhang F, Lu H, Yan Y, Huang Z, Qian J, Ge J. Microcatheter collateral channel tracking failure in retrograde percutaneous coronary intervention for chronic total occlusion: incidence, predictors and management. EuroIntervention. 2019;15:e253–60.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Aggarwal C, Varghese J, Uretsky BF. Left atrial inflow and outflow obstruction as a complication of retrograde approach for chronic total occlusion: report of a case and literature review of left atrial hematoma after percutaneous coronary intervention. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;82:770–5.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Adusumalli S, Morris M, Pershad A. Pseudo-pericardial tamponade from right ventricular hematoma after chronic total occlusion percutaneous coronary intervention of the right coronary artery; successfully managed percutaneously with computerized tomographic guided drainage. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;88:86–8.CrossRefGoogle Scholar