UWB Antenna for Breast Cancer Detection Using Back Scattering
- 73 Downloads
Traditional medical imaging systems are not able to identify tumor in human fast and reliable way. Imaging systems as computed tomography scan, magnetic resonance imaging, etc., bring human health-related issues because of the ionization effect. In this study, the design and performance analysis of a 3D antenna has been done for microwave imaging application to diagnose cancer. A folded radiating structure, directive 3-D antenna has been used for the application of microwave imaging for clinical diagnosis. By optimizing the complete dimension, projected antenna is achieved with a reduced size of 20 × 20 mm2. In addition, the antenna was modeled with four layers of woman breast phantom tissues. This shows that the projected antenna is an appropriate equipment which can be used to construct a microwave diagnostic procedure meter for early women breast cancer detection.
KeywordsUltra-wideband Monopole antenna Flexible antenna Phantom model Breast cancer detection Scattering signal
This work is part of UPCST sponsor project.
- 2.Zhang H (2015) Microwave imaging for ultra-wideband antenna based cancer detectionGoogle Scholar
- 3.Mishra R, Pandey A (2016) Asymmetric crescent shaped dual band monopole antenna for UWB. IJOMAOT 11(5)Google Scholar
- 4.Rao PK, Mishra R (2018) A disc shape monopole antenna with Tri-Band-Notched 2.55/3.5/5.5 GHz characteristics. In: 2018 IEEE international students’ conference on electrical, electronics and computer science (SCEECS)Google Scholar
- 5.https://www.aecc.es/SobreElCancer/elcancer/Paginas/Elcancer.aspx. Accessed Enero 2017
- 9.Rao PK, Mishra R (2018) Multi band antenna with multi band notch 2.5/3.7/6.4/8.1/12.4/14.4 GHz characteristics. In: 2018 5th IEEE Uttar Pradesh section international conference on electrical, electronics and computer engineering (UPCON)Google Scholar
- 10.Mishra R, Tripathi VS (2017) A compact circular disc shaped monopole antenna for UWB applications. Int J Appl Eng Res 12(12):3049–3053. ISBN 0973-4562Google Scholar
- 13.Afyf A, Bellarbi L, Riouch F, Achour A, Errachid A, Sennouni MA (2015) Flexible miniaturized UWB CPW II-shaped slot antenna for wireless body area network WBAN) applications. In: Third international workshop on RFID and adaptive wireless sensor networks (RAWSN)Google Scholar
- 14.Mahmud MZ, Islam MT, Misran N, Kibria S, Samsuzzaman Md (2018) Microwave imaging for breast tumor detection using uniplanar AMC based CPW-fed microstrip antenna. https://doi.org/10.1109/access.2018.2859434. IEEE Access