Exploration of TCM Culture Communication Based on the New Media
As one of the oldest cultural factors in the ancient Chinese civilization tradition, TCM is Chinese original medicine and an important part of traditional Chinese culture. Traditional science and technology is still playing an important role and is most likely to drive China’s medical science and technology, leading the world. The cultural background of foreign audiences is different from that of traditional Chinese medicine culture, so they are confronted with certain obstacles in the process of understanding and accepting traditional Chinese medicine culture. Under the influence of such obstacles, it is difficult for foreign audiences to have a high degree of recognition of traditional Chinese medicine culture like domestic audiences. In the 21st century, the rapid development of new media brings new chances to the spread of TCM culture. Therefore, the paper aims at discussing narrative exploration on the external communication of TCM culture from the perspective of new media.
KeywordsTCM New media Culture communication
This research was supported by 2017 Research Project of Humanities and Social Sciences in Universities in Jiangxi province, “English Translation of TCM Stories from a Narrative Perspective and Research on Their External Communication” (project number: YY17271);
2019 Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Special Field Innovation Fund Project for Graduate Student, “Narrative Exploration of TCM Culture Communication Based on New Media”(project number: JZYC19S37).
- 1.Xu, Y.: Realistic portrayal of the external communication of traditional Chinese medicine culture. J. Tradit. Chin. Med. Manage. 23(03), 8–11 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Xiao, Y.: A study on the current predicament of international communication of traditional Chinese medicine culture and its communication path. Heilongjiang university of traditional Chinese medicine (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Tang, X.: Research on new media communication of traditional Chinese medicine culture. Xiangtan university (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Jun, X.: TV program research on TCM health preservation from the perspective of health communication. Chengdu university of technology (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, W.: Communication research of TV programs of traditional Chinese medicine. Hunan university of traditional Chinese medicine (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, T.: Transformation of international communication strategy of “traditional culture + new media”. West. Radio Telev. (06), 1–2 + 6 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, P.: Research on external communication of Chinese medicine in Beijing in the new media era. Mod. Distance Educ. Chin. Med. China 16(23), 30–32 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhen, X., Wang, X.: Analysis and countermeasures on the transmission path of traditional Chinese medicine culture. J. Chengdu Univ. Tradit. Chin. Med. 35(03), 94–96 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Fu, X.: From western narratology to Chinese narratology. Chin. Comp. Lit. (04), 1–24 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, Z., Zeng, X.: Strategies and approaches of international communication of traditional Chinese medicine culture. Media (21), 76–78 (2018)Google Scholar