Position Control of Pneumatic Actuator Using Cascade Fuzzy Self-adaptive PID
- 25 Downloads
Pneumatic systems are widely used in the industrial automation with its advantages in high power ratio, low cost and cleanliness fluid medium. However, the complex nonlinearities of pneumatics system make this system having difficulty to perform precise motion control especially in providing precise steady state tracking error on rod piston and stable pressure control. To overcome this issue, a cascade control technique named Fuzzy Self-Adaptive PID (CFSAPID) control is proposed. The adaptive tuning by Fuzzy Logic Controller (FLC) is designed as tuner for PID controller. The proposed CFSAPID is simulated and verified on single-piston double acting valve pneumatic system model plant, and compared with single FSAPID controller. Five parameters are focused for analysis including piston rise time, piston settling time, piston velocity, pressure on piston chambers and force friction. The capability of proposed CFSAPID has been successfully verified by simulation studies.
KeywordsPneumatic actuator Fuzzy logic PID control Motion control
This work is supported by Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) Research Grant (RDU180398).
- 1.Lai WK, Rahmat M, Wahab APIDN (2012) Modeling and controller design of pneumatic actuator system with control valve. Int J Smart Sens Intell Syst 5(3):624–644Google Scholar
- 5.Rahmat MF, Najib S, Salim S, Sunar NH, Ahmad ‘Athif MF, Zool Hilmi I, Huda K (2012) Identification and non-linear control strategy for industrial pneumatic actuator. Int J Phys Sci 7(17):2565–2579Google Scholar
- 6.Syed Salim SN et al (2014) Position control of pneumatic actuator using self-regulation nonlinear PID. Math Probl Eng 2014:1–12Google Scholar
- 7.Salim SNS, Ismail ZH, Rahmat MF, Faudzi AAM, Sunar NH, Samsudin SI (2013) Tracking performance and disturbance rejection of pneumatic actuator system. In: 9th Asian control conference, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 9.Li L, Xie J, Huang J (2013) Fuzzy adaptive PID control of large erecting system. J Theor Appl Inf Technol 47(1):412–418Google Scholar
- 10.Jiangtao F, Qinhe G, Wenliang G (2017) Mathematical modeling and fuzzy adaptive PID control of erection mechanism. Telecommun, Comput, Electron Control 15(1):254–263Google Scholar
- 13.Abu mallouh M (2008) Force velocity control with neural network compensation for contour tracking with pneumatic actuation. Ph.D. Thesis, Queen’s UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 14.Dehghan B, Surgenor BW (2013) Comparison of fuzzy and neural network adaptive methods for the position control of a pneumatic system. In: 26th IEEE Canadian conference on electrical and computer engineering, pp 1–4Google Scholar
- 20.Ramezani S, Baghestan K (2018) Observer-based nonlinear precise control of pneumatic servo systems. Proc Inst Mech Eng, Part E: J Process Mech Eng, 0954408918756906Google Scholar
- 22.Karpenko M, Sepehri N (2004) Design and experimental evaluation of a nonlinear position controller for a pneumatic actuator with friction. In: Proceedings of the 2004 American control conference, pp 5078–5083Google Scholar
- 24.Faris Hikmat O, Mohd Faudzi AA, Omer Elnimair M, Osman K (2014) PI adaptive neuro-fuzzy and receding horizon position control for intelligent pneumatic actuator. J Teknologi 67(3):17–24Google Scholar