Blockchain for Intelligent Gas Monitoring in Smart City Scenario
- 48 Downloads
The increasing urbanization demands development of smart cities. Smart cities can be considered as to serve the requirement of its citizen in better way. The smart cities have many applications involving intelligent gas monitoring. In this chapter we will find about the intelligent gas monitoring in smart city scenario. We will see the aspects of smart gas monitoring, understand the concept of gas sensing, requirement of gas monitoring viz., classification and quantification of gases/odors and the brief introduction about the gas sensing. Further, we will understand the application of blockchain in the intelligent gas monitoring.
KeywordsBlockchain Gas sensing Intelligent gas monitoring Smart city
This research was supported by Korea Research Fellowship program funded by the Ministry of Science and ICT through the National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF-2019H1D3A1A01071115).
- 1.Harrison C, Donnelly IA (2011) A theory of smart cities. In: Proceedings of the 55th annual meeting of the ISSS-2011, Hull, UK, vol 55, No 1Google Scholar
- 22.Sharma S, Mishra VN, Dwivedi R, Das RR (2013) Quantification of individual gases/odors using dynamic responses of gas sensor array with ASM feature technique. IEEE Sens J 14(4):1006–1011Google Scholar
- 23.Kim S, Deka GC (2019) Advanced applications of blockchain technologyGoogle Scholar
- 24.Kim S, Deka GC, Peng Z (2019) Role of blockchain technology in IoT applications. In: Advances in computersGoogle Scholar
- 25.Nakamoto S (2016) Bitcoin: a peer-to-peer electronic cash system, December 2008Google Scholar
- 26.Shrestha R, Bajracharya R, Shrestha AP, Nam SY (2019) A new-type of blockchain for secure message exchange in VANET. Digit Commun NetwGoogle Scholar