Interaction of Excavation and Adjacent Building with Different Foundation Types Using 3D Decoupled Analysis Method
A robust Decoupled Analysis Method (DAM) that can consider nonlinear soil behavior and inelastic structure responses has been developed by the authors. Previous studies show that this DAM method can satisfactorily analyze the interaction of the excavation and the adjacent low-rise building with spread footings. This study extends the DAM method to model the adjacent building with mat foundation. Then, the excavation-induced ground response and building damage potential of the adjacent building with different foundation types are studied. The impact on the excavation behavior of the adjacent building with different structural reinforcements due to different seismic design scenarios are also studied.
KeywordsDecoupled Analysis Method excavation building damage potential seismic force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This study is supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of Taiwan under grant numbers of 105-2221-E-011-004-MY2. This support is gratefully acknowledged.
- Bjerrum, I. (1963). Allowable settlement of structures. Proc., European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, 2, pp 35–137.Google Scholar
- Dang, H. P., Lin, H. D., Kung, H. S. J., and Wang, C. C. (2011). Analyses of excavation induced ground settlement with existing building. Proc., International Conference on Advances in Geotechnical Engineering, Perth, Australia, pp 737–742.Google Scholar
- Lin, H. D., Mendy, S., Dang, H. P., Hsieh, Y. M., and Chen, C. C. (2015). Responses of adjacent ground and building induced by excavation using 3D decoupled simulation. Proc., 15th Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Kyushu, Japan.Google Scholar
- Lin, H. D., Mendy, S., Liao, H. C., Dang, H. P., Hsieh, Y. M., and Chen, C. C. (2016). Responses of 3D excavation and adjacent buildings in sagging and hogging zones using decoupled analysis method. Journal of GeoEngineering 11 (2), pp 85–96.Google Scholar
- Lin, H. D., Liao, H. C., Lin, K. J., Hsieh, Y. M., and Chen, C. C. (2017). Excavation-induced ground settlements and responses of adjacent building at various positions using 3D decoupled analysis method. Proc., 19th Int.Conf. on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Seoul, Korea, pp 1721–1724.Google Scholar