Hulu Terengganu Hydroelectric Project – The Chronology of Puah Dam Construction
Puah Dam, is an earth-fill dam and become one of essential structural part under Hulu Terengganu Hydroelectric Project (HTHEP). Other structural parts that contributing for HTHEP are Underground Powerhouse, Tunnels, Tailrace Outlet, Power Intake, Spillway, associated buildings and access roads. In Puah Dam construction, the first on-site critical activity that we should complete before proceeding with any dam’s site activities is to divert Sg Terengganu. Once river diversion has been carried out, then pre-cofferdam and cofferdam have to be built-up at both Upstream and Downstream of Puah Dam’s area. After cofferdam ready; then excavation works, curtain grouting works, embankment fill works and other parallel activities can proceed. Puah Dam construction was successfully completed and taken over by the owner (Tenaga Nasional Berhad) on 18th Dec 2015. This dam is responsible for continuous generating of two units (2 × 125 MW) under Hulu Terengganu Power Plant, starting from 3rd Dec 2015 until to-date.
- 1.SNC Lavalin, KTA Tenaga and G&P Professional, “Hulu Terengganu Hydroelectric Project - Completion Report – Volume 2 – Civil Works” (August 2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Loh & Loh Construction Sdn. Bhd “Approved schedule for Lot CW2 – Main Civil Works” (25th Nov 2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Information from: https://www.tnb.com.my/announcements/tnb-dam-help-to-reduce-flood
- 4.SNC Lavalin, KTA Tenaga and G&P Professional, “Taking Over Certificate for Puah Dam and Diversion Tunnel” Letter ref. HT-60FT-ICW2/4590 dated 24th Nov 2015Google Scholar
- 5.Hammad Al-Nasseri (Lund University), Radhlinah Aulin (Lund University), “Engineering Management Journal – Assessing Understanding of Planning and Scheduling Theory and Practice on Construction Projects” Volume 27 No 2, June 2015 (Page 58 to 72)Google Scholar