A Review on SLA-Based Resource Provisioning in Cloud
- 10 Downloads
Traditional IT infrastructures are gradually becoming obsolete and an alternative way to store, manipulate, and retrieve data. Namely, cloud computing is gaining momentum to replace the traditional computing environment. Sharing of resources over a distributed network is the main motive of cloud computing in order to provide consistency and reliability of the shared resources while keeping a check on the monetary factor involved. The resources available in cloud can not only be shared by multiple users, but are also be facilitated to reallocate with every demand. So, there has been always a focus on best techniques to provision the available resources in the cloud. Cloud resource provisioning mechanisms must follow some service-level agreements (SLAs) in order to abide by customers demand properly. This paper focuses on various research works undertaken on cloud computing resource provisioning techniques by taking SLA into account.
KeywordsCloud computing Virtual machines (VM) SLA Resource provisioning
- 1.Buyya, R., S.K. Garg, and R.N. Calheiros. 2011. SLA-oriented resource provisioning for cloud computing: challenges, architecture, and solutions. In International Conference on Cloud and Service Computing, 1–10.Google Scholar
- 3.Dhingra, A., and S. Paul. 2014. Green cloud: smart resource allocation and optimization using simulated annealing technique. International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering 5 (2): 41–49.Google Scholar
- 4.Pandit, D., S. Chattopadhya, M. Chattopadhya, and N. Chaki. 2014. Resource allocation in cloud using simulated annealing. In Applications and Innovations in Mobile Computing, 21–27.Google Scholar
- 7.Dhingra, M., J. Lakshmi, S. Nandy, C. Bhattacharyya, and K. Gopinath. 2013. Elastic resource framework in IaaS, preserving performance SLA. In IEEE 6th International Conference on Cloud Computing, 430–437.Google Scholar
- 9.Xu, J., M. Zhao, R. Carpenter, and M. Yousif. 2007. On the use of fuzzy modelling in virtualized data center management. In IEEE, ICAS, July 16, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/icac.2007.28.
- 10.You, X., X. Xu, J. Wan, and D. Yu. 2009. RAS-M: resource allocation strategy based on market mechanism in cloud computing. In Fourth China Grid International Conference, 253–263.Google Scholar
- 11.Munteanu, V., T. Fortis, and V. Negru. 2013. Evolutionary approach for SLA based cloud resource provisioning. In IEEE 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, 506–513.Google Scholar
- 12.Chang, C., K. Lai, and C. Yang. 2013. Auction based resource provisioning with SLA consideration on multi-cloud systems. In IEEE 37th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference Workshops, 445–450.Google Scholar