The Big Picture: Cambodia Then, Cambodia Now (2004–2019)
- 16 Downloads
By 2016 Cambodians were not just enjoying something very much like genuine peace, they were also working hard to gain something close to real wealth. For the first time since the Paris Peace Accords were signed in 1991, Cambodia won the designation as a lower middle-income country, up one notch from low-income country status on the World Bank’s international growth classifications. This chapter examines Cambodia’s recent decade-plus growth, with a focus on growth with equity.
- Chea, Serey (2018) Key Note Speech presented at the Official Launch of the Cambodia FinTech Association at the Singapore FinTech Festival ASEAN Roadshow, Phnom Penh, 15 August 2018. Available https://www.nbc.org.kh/english/news_and_events/speeches.php. Accessed 15 October 2018
- Chheng, Channy (2018) The Cambodian Workforce Working Abroad by 2017, compiled by Chheng Channy with statistics from the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training of Cambodia and the World Bank (2017). Available www.facebook.com. Accessed 30 June 2018. As of 9 January 2019, no longer available
- FinScope (2015) Consumer Survey Highlights, Cambodia 2015. Phnom Penh 2015.Google Scholar
- FinScope. Available https://finmark.org.za/results-from-finscope-consumer-survey-kingdom-of-cambodia-2015/. Accessed 25 July 2018.
- International Labour Organization (2017) ILOSTAT database Available https://www.ilo.org/ilostat. Accessed 25 July 2018.
- Ly, Sodeth (2016) Cambodia - Economic update: improving macroeconomic and financial resilience (English). Cambodia Economic update Washington, D.C. World Bank Group. Available http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/403961467989523939/Cambodia-Economic-update-improving-macroeconomic-and-financial-resilience Accessed 20 June 2017
- Ly, Sodeth; Sanchez Martin, Miguel Eduardo; Phim, Runsinarith; Ky, Linna; Tong, Kimsun; Provo, Anne Marie; Nagpal, Somil; Vashakmadze, Ekaterine T. (2019) Cambodia Economic Update : Recent Economic Developments and Outlook (English). Cambodia Economic Update. Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group. Available http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/843251556908260855/Cambodia-Economic-Update-Recent-Economic-Developments-and-Outlook Accessed 30 June 2019
- Ministry of Tourism, Statistics and Information Department. (2018) Tourism Statistics Report. Royal Government of Cambodia, Phnom Penh Available https://amchamcambodia.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Year_2018.pdf Accessed 20 June 2019.
- Ministry of Tourism, Statistics and Information Department. (2017) Tourism Statistics Report. Royal Government of Cambodia, Phnom Penh Available https://amchamcambodia.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Year_2017.pdf Accessed 15 June 2018.
- Schwab, Klaus (ed.) (2018) The Global Competitiveness Report 2018. World Economic Forum, Geneva. Available https://www.weforum.org/reports. Accessed 14 November 2018
- Schwab, Klaus (ed.) (2017) The Global Competitiveness Report 2017–2018. World Economic Forum, Geneva. Available https://www.weforum.org/reports. Accessed 14 November 2018
- Schwab, Klaus (ed.) (2016) The Global Competitiveness Report 2016–2017. World Economic Forum, Geneva. Available https://www.weforum.org/reports Accessed 14 November 2018
- Schwab, Klaus and Michael E Porter (eds.) (2008) The Global Competitiveness Report 2008–2009. World Economic Forum, Geneva Available https://www.weforum.org/reports. Accessed 21 December 2016
- World Bank. 2014. “Where Have All the Poor Gone? Cambodia Poverty Assessment 2013.” Washington, DC: World Bank.Google Scholar
- “World Bank. 2015. Cambodia Economic Update, October 2015: Adapting to Stay Competitive. World Bank, Phnom Penh. © World Bank. https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/22934 License: CC BY 3.0 IGO.”
- World Bank (2016a) Cambodia Overview, World Bank, Last updated: September 2016. Available https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/cambodia/overview Accessed 20 June 2017
- World Bank (2016b) Poverty and Shared Prosperity 2016: Taking on Inequity. Key Findings. Washington D. C. Available http://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/poverty-and-shared-prosperity Accessed 20 June 2017
- World Bank (2016c) Supporting Inclusive Growth in Cambodia 07/05/2016 Available https://blogs.worldbank.org/eastasiapacific/supporting-inclusive-growth-in-cambodia Accessed 20 June 2017
- World Bank (2016d) “Where Have All the Poor Gone? Cambodia Poverty Assessment 2013.” Washington, DC: World Bank. Available https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/17546. Accessed 20 June 2017
- World Bank (2016e) ASPIRE: The Atlas of Social Protection Indicators of Resilience and Equity, online analytical tool http://datatopics.worldbank.org/aspire/ https://www.slideshare.net/WB_Research/cambodia-poverty-assessment-feb-2014/1. Accessed 20 June 2017
- World Bank (2017) Cambodia Economic Update: Cambodia climbing up the manufacturing value chains – October 2017 (English). Washington, D.C. World Bank Group. Available http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/628341511277852360/Cambodia-economic-update-Cambodia-climbing-up-the-manufacturing-value-chains-October-2017 World Bank. 2017. Accessed 8 February 2018
- World Bank (2018) Cambodia Economic Update, April 2018: Recent Economic Developments and Outlook. World Bank, Phnom Penh. © World Bank. Available https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/29811 License: CC BY 3.0 IGO. Accessed 14 November 2018
- World Bank (2019) World Development Indicators database Available http://databank.worldbank.org/data/reports.aspx?source=1277&series=SI.POV.GINI# and https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GNP.PCAP.CD?locations=KH Last Accessed 3 August 2019.
- United Nations (2015) World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision. Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. Custom Data acquired via website. https://www.un.org/development/desa/publications/world-population-prospects-the-2017-revision.html Accessed 14 November 2018