Educational Attainment and Occupation of Women in Haryana: A Geographical Analysis
- 5 Downloads
Access to education is crucial for the empowerment of women. Educational attainment not only determines the occupational and livelihood opportunities, but also plays a crucial role in accessing other avenues and opportunities, thus determining the social and economic well-being of the individual and households.
- Afshar H (1992) Women and work: ideology at work in Iran. In: Afshar H, Dennis C (eds) Women and adjustment policies in the third World. Stmarline’s Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Beteille A (1976) The position of women in Indian society. In: Jain D (ed) Indian Women. Patiala House, New DelhiGoogle Scholar
- Desai N, Thakkar U (2001) Women in Indian society. National Book Trust, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- Dholakia R (1985) Role of literacy and industrial structure in displacement of female workers. Econ Polit Econ 17:1405–1412 (370, 1965)Google Scholar
- Jayashree (2003) Improvement in female life expectancy. Man and development, December 2003, pp 9–10Google Scholar