Implementation of Handoff System to Improve the Performance of a Network by Using Type-2 Fuzzy Inference System
- 10 Downloads
Wireless networks comprise of different networks such as cellular, WiFi, WIMAX, etc. Mobility-based networks are increasing at a rapid rate and similarly, the demands of the users to access Internet are also increasing at any time and at any place. Thus, to fulfill the demands of the users, an effective handover is required. However, with the advancement in technology, the methods used earlier were not seemingly more effective. In the traditional approaches, the limited numbers of parameters are used. This paper consists of a scheme of advancement in the fuzzy system of inference, i.e. fuzzy type-2, as it provides an additional design for systems used in situations with large amount of uncertainties. It is concluded with the simulation results that the proposed system outperformed the traditional approach by increasing the number of parameters to be utilized in achieving the handoff.
KeywordsWireless network Handoff Fuzzy system Crisp values Membership functions
- 1.Urmi, N.M., K. Sunera, and A.T. Shweta. 2017. Improving QoS in 4G network during handoff by using fuzzy logic based more precision handover algorithm (FMPHA). In International Conference on Energy, Communication, Data Analytics and Soft Computing (ICECDS), IEEE, 955–962, Chennai, India. https://doi.org/10.1109/icecds.2017.8389578.
- 2.Dinesh, A., and S.S. Hardeep. 2019. A split network based routing approach in wireless sensor network to enhance network stability. International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control 9 (1). https://doi.org/10.2174/2210327909666190208152955.
- 3.Manu, M.T., K. Thomas, A. Joanna, and M.G. Elisabeta. 2017. Echo: A large display interactive visualization of ICU data for effective care handoffs. In IEEE Workshop on Visual Analytics in Healthcare (VAHC), IEEE, 47–54, Phoenix, AZ, USA. https://doi.org/10.1109/vahc.2017.8387500.
- 4.Preeti, S., and S.S. Hardeep. 2014. Localization algorithms for mobile wireless sensor networks-a review and future scope. International Journal of Electronics & Communication Technology (IJECT) 4 (Spl 3), 90–92. http://www.iject.org/vol4/spl3/c0115.pdf.
- 5.Preeti, S., and S.S. Hardeep. 2013. Enhanced event triggered localization algorithm with a parameter of energy transmission and energy received in mobile wireless sensors networks. International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) 81 (14). https://doi.org/10.5120/14181-1531.
- 6.Kiichi, T., and M. Naoto. 2018. Data rate and handoff rate analysis for user mobility in cellular networks. In IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), IEEE, 1–6, Barcelona, Spain. https://doi.org/10.1109/wcnc.2018.8377167.
- 7.Charu, C., A. Dinesh, and S. Hardeep. Hand-off techniques for cellular mobile network-a review. In International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics, Data and Communication Computing (ICRTEDC-2014), Gurukul Vidyapeeth Institute of Engineering and Technology, Banur, Patiala, India. (Published in IJEEE 1(Spl.2), 189–191).Google Scholar
- 8.Tomohiro, T., and M. Sugeno. 1985. Fuzzy identification system and its applications to modelling and control. IEEE Transaction on Systems Man and Cybernetics SMC-15 (1), 116–132. https://doi.org/10.1109/tsmc.1985.6313399.
- 9.Mamdani, E.H., and S. Assilian. 1975. An experiment in linguistic synthesis with a fuzzy logic controller. International Journal of Man-Machine Studies 7 (1), l–13. 10.1016/S0020-7373(75)80002-2.Google Scholar
- 10.Stegmaie, P.A., J.X. Brunner, N.N. Tschichold, T.P. Laubscher, and W. Liebert. 1994. Fuzzy logic cough detection: A first step towards clinical application. In Proceedings of 1994 IEEE 3rd international fuzzy systems conference, 1000–1005, Orlando, FL, USA . https://doi.org/10.1109/fuzzy.1994.343872.
- 12.Zadeh, L.A., and K. Kacpyrzy. 1992. Fuzzy logic for the management of uncertainty, vol. 217. Willey.Google Scholar
- 14.Kantubukta,V., M. Sumit, M. Sudipta, and S.K. Cheruvu. 2012. QoS-aware fuzzy rule-based vertical handoff decision algorithm incorporating a new evaluation model for wireless heterogeneous network. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 322. https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-1499-2012-322.
- 15.PresilaIsrat, N.C., and M.M.A. Hashem. 2008. A fuzzy logic-based adaptive handoff management protocol for next-generation wireless systems. In 11th international conference on computer and information technology, IEEE, Khulna, Bangladesh. https://doi.org/10.1109/iccitechn.2008.4802978.
- 16.Yaw, N.G., and A. Johnson. 2006. Vertical handoff decision algorithms using fuzzy logic. In International conference on wireless broadband and ultra wideband communications, 1–5.Google Scholar
- 17.Orazio, M., R. Antonino, B. Michele, L.B. Lucia. 2007. Fast handoff for mobile wireless process control. In IEEE conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (EFTA 2007), Patras, Greece. https://doi.org/10.1109/efta.2007.4416771.