Blockchain-Based Shared Security Architecture
A prototype model named Shared Security Architecture is introduced, that enables to link relational database management system, distributed DBMS and blockchain technology. Blockchain technology is commonly used in cryptocurrencies but the innovative use of this technology can boost cybersecurity and protect databases more effectively. Three different models have been explored with a combination of traditional data storage (RDBMS), distributed data storage and blockchain technology to construct new security for the data storage system. These models allow direct access to frequently used data, which requires read-write property and restricted access to data which requires write property with immutability without paying much on trust and security.
KeywordsBlockchain Security Centralized system Hashing
- 1.Bitcoin: En.wikipedia.org (2018). [Online]. Available https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin. Accessed 1 Mar 2018
- 2.Greenspan, G.: Blockchains vs centralized databases | MultiChain, Multichain.com (2018). [Online]. Available https://www.multichain.com/blog/2016/03/blockchains-vs-centralized-databases/. Accessed 3 Mar 2018
- 3.Getsmarter.com, 2018. [Online]. Available https://www.getsmarter.com/career-advice/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/mit_ blockchain_transactions_report.pdf. Accessed 5 Jan 2018
- 4.The Daily Beast: The Daily Beast (2018). [Online]. Available http://www.thedailybeast.com. Accessed 5 Feb 2018
- 5.E. Foundation: Critical updateRe: DAOVulnerability, Blog.ethereum.org (2018). [Online]. Available https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/06/17/critical-update-re-dao-vulnerability/. Accessed 7 Jan 2018