A Two-Stage Overlapping Community Detection Based on Structure and Node Attributes in Online Social Networks
Traditional community detection algorithms are mainly based on network structure, while ignoring a large number of node attributes. In this paper, we propose a two-stage overlapping community detection method which combines structure and attributes(tsocd-SA). First, a set of non-overlapping communities are identified by using existing community detection methods, and community attribute summaries which represents high degree homogeneous attribute value of a community are constructed according to the attributes of the special nodes in the community. Then, we propose a similarity measure between node and community based on network structure and community attribute summary. For connector nodes which connect more than one communities, each node is divided into one or more communities based on the similarity and a specific threshold r. Experimental results in online social network datasets show that our proposed method is more effective than solely focus on structural information.
KeywordsOverlapping community detection Online social network Community attributes summary Similarity
This research is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 62877013, 61402119).
- 3.Geng, J., Bhattacharya, A., Pati, D.: Probabilistic community detection with unknown number of communities. J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 1–13 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, X., et al.: Efficient community detection based on label propagation with belonging coefficient and edge probability. In: Li, Y., Xiang, G., Lin, H., Wang, M. (eds.) SMP 2016. CCIS, vol. 669, pp. 54–72. Springer, Singapore (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-2993-6_5CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Wen, X., Chen, W.N., Lin, Y.: A maximal clique based multiobjective evolutionary algorithm for overlapping community detection. IEEE Trans. Evol. Comput. 21(3), 363–377 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Lu, M., Zhang, Z., Qu, Z., et al.: LPANNI: overlapping community detection using label propagation in large-scale complex networks. IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng. (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Jun-yu, C., Gang, Z., Xiao-bing, X.: Detecting over-lapping community structure with neighbor voting. J. Chin. Comput. Syst. 35(10), 2272–2277 (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.Ruan, Y.Y., Fuchry, D., Parthasarathy, S.: Efficient community detection in large networks using content and links. In: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on World Wide Web. Seoul, Korea, pp. 1089–1098 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Mcauley, J.J., Leskovec, J.: Learning to discover social circles in ego networks. In: International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems. Curran Associates Inc. (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Rozemberczki, B., Davies, R., Sarkar, R., et al.: Gemsec: graph embedding with self clustering. arXiv preprint arXiv:1802.03997 (2018)