Early Detection of Parkinson Disease Using Wavelet Transform Along with Fourier Transform
Parkinson disease (PD) is one of the neurodegenerative diseases caused by numerous factors. The patient is affected by PD grows gradually to the limit that he/she may not be able to perform their daily routine. PD is having two types of major symptoms Motor and Non-motor. Motor symptoms are the major contributor towards the detection of the PD. From the cluster of motor symptoms, Tremor attack is the cause that can depicts the PD by observing the Electroencephalography (EEG). EEG is a rich set of brain signals showing wide variety chronic tasks performed by the brain. The detection of early onset of the PD helps us to investigate that if the patient is having the severe chances of the PD or not. In our propose method we are using the Wavelet Transform along with the Fourier Transform to visualize the EEG signals. Both normal and abnormal EEG’s are tested and the result shows that our propose method is good to classify the early tremor attacks.
KeywordsParkinson disease (PD) Tremor Patient EEG DWT FFT
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61632009, in part by the Guangdong Provincial Natural Science Foundation under Grant 2017A030308006, and in part by the High-Level Talents Program of Higher Education in Guangdong Province under Grant 2016ZJ01.
This work is supported in part by Guangdong Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 2016A030313540, Guangzhou Science and Technology Program under Grant No. 201707010284.
- 1.Bigelow, L.J.: Longitudinal assessment of behaviour and associated biomarkers in a novel progressive model of Parkinson’s Disease. University of Prince Edward Island (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Geman, O., et al.: Ubiquitous healthcare system based on the sensors network and Android internet of things gateway. In: 2018 IEEE SmartWorld, Ubiquitous Intelligence & Computing, Advanced & Trusted Computing, Scalable Computing & Communications, Cloud & Big Data Computing, Internet of People and Smart City Innovation (SmartWorld/SCALCOM/UIC/ATC/CBDCom/IOP/SCI). IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Maria, A.R., Bogdan, H., Sever, P.: Wavelet transform for seizures detection in EEG records. In: 2018 10th International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence (ECAI). IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Muhammad, A., Guojun, W.: Segmentation of calcification and brain hemorrhage with midline detection. In: 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications and 2017 IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications (ISPA/IUCC). IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Arif, M., et al.: Maximizing information of multimodality brain image fusion using curvelet transform with genetic algorithm. In: 2014 International Conference on Computer Assisted System in Health. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Donovan, R., Yu, X.-H.: Motor imagery classification using TSK fuzzy inference neural networks. In: 2018 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 12.Avidan, M., Sleigh, J.: Introduction to Electroencephalography. Oxford Textbook of Neuroscience and Anaesthesiology (2019)Google Scholar
- 13.Proverbio, A., Carminati, M.: Finger-counting observation interferes with number processing. Neuropsychologia (2019)Google Scholar
- 14.Arif, M., Wang, G.: Fast curvelet transform through genetic algorithm for multimodal medical image fusion. Soft Comput. 1–22 (2019)Google Scholar
- 16.Shaker, M.M.: EEG waves classifier using wavelet transform and Fourier transform. Brain 2, 3 (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Tamersit, K., Djeffal, F.: A computationally efficient hybrid approach based on artificial neural networks and the wavelet transform for quantum simulations of graphene nanoribbon FETs. J. Comput. Electron. 1–13 (2019)Google Scholar
- 18.Ghorbanian, P., et al.: Discrete wavelet transform EEG features of Alzheimer’s disease in activated states. In: 2012 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 21.Javaid, Q., et al.: Efficient facial expression detection by using the Adaptive-NeuroFuzzy-Inference-System and the Bezier curve. Sindh Univ. Res. J. SURJ (Sci. Ser.) 48(3) (2016)Google Scholar
- 22.Javaid, Q., Arif, M., Talpur, S.: Segmentation and classification of calcification and hemorrhage in the brain using fuzzy C-mean and adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system. Quaid-e-Awam Univ. Res. J. Eng. Sci. Technol. 15(1), 50–63 (2016)Google Scholar