Decision-Making in Aviation Management: Multi-criteria Problem-Solving Strategy
Decision-making is an essential part of both business and private life. Instantaneous and variable situations in aviation business are effective in making decisions. Organizational success cannot be achieved by ignoring individuals. Individuals as managers, make decisions according to their values. Managerial decision-making, therefore, depends strongly on the values.
- Albright, James. 2015. How Pilots Intuitively Make Critical Decisions. Aviation week. 10 24, 2015, 1. http://aviationweek.com/business-aviation/how-pilots-intuitively-make-critical-decisions. Accessed 28 Feb 2018.
- Bor, Robert, et al. 2017. Position statement Aviation and aerospace psychology: Pilot mental health and wellbeing. The British Psychological Society, 11 2017. https://www.bps.org.uk/sites/beta.bps.org.uk/files/News%20-%20Files/PP11%20WEB.pdf. Accessed 28 Feb 2018.
- Bureau of Air Safety Investigation, BASI. 1996. Human Factors in FAtal Aircraft Accidents. 04 1996, 6. https://www.atsb.gov.au/media/28363/sir199604_001.pdf. Accessed 27 Feb 2018.
- Bush, G L and SR Diehl. 1984. An evolutionary and applied perspective of insect biotypes. Annual Review of Entomology 29: 471–504. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.en.29.010184.002351.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Capgemini. 2017. Collaborative decision making in aviation. 07 2017, 1. https://www.capgemini.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Collaborative_Decision_Making_in_Aviation.pdf Accessed 28 Feb 2018.
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority Australia, CASA. 2018. Aviation Safety Management An Operator’s Guide, p. 3. http://www.caa.lv/upload/userfiles/files/SMS/CASA/CASA%20SMS%20small%20operators.pdf. Accessed 28 Feb 2018.
- Corporate Culture, Ethics, and Leadership by Lawrence Stokes.http://slideplayer.com/slide/5757738/. January 25, 2018
- Dağdeviren, M., N. Dönmez, and M. Kurt. 2006. Bir işletmede tedarikçi değerlendirme süreci için yeni bir model tasarımı ve uygulaması. Gazi Üniversitesi Mühendislik ve Mimarlık Fakültesi Dergisi 21 (2): 247–255.Google Scholar
- Dağdeviren, M., and İ. Yüksel. 2007. Personnel selection using analytic network process. İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Dergisi, Year 6 (11): 99–118.Google Scholar
- Durso, Francis T., and Amy L. Alexander. 2010. Managing workload, performance, and situation awareness in aviation systems. In Handbook of aviation human factors, 2nd ed. John A. Wise, David V. Hopkin and Daniel J. Garland, 217–247. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press.Google Scholar
- Ecer, F., S. Açikgözoğlu, and F. Yaman. 2009. Analitik Ağ Süreci (AAS) ve Web Sitelerinden Yararlanarak Otel Seçimi. H.Ü. İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi 27 (1): 187–207.Google Scholar
- Federal Aviaiton Administration (FAA). 2015. The Art of Aeronautical Decision-Making, p. 1 https://www.faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/28/216/The%20Art%20of%20Aeronautical%20Decision.pdf. Accessed 27 Feb 2018.
- Flin, Rhona. 2013. The power of behaviour: Non-technical skills. Veiligheidskunde 1.Google Scholar
- Flouris, T.G., and A. Kucuk Yilmaz. 2010. The risk management framework to strategic human resource management. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics Issue 36 (2010): 25–45.Google Scholar
- Görener, A. 2012. Comparing AHP and ANP: An application of strategic decisions making in a manufacturing company. International Journal of Business and Social Science 3 (11): 194–208.Google Scholar
- Guler, Nurdan Kubal. PİLOTLARDA PSİKOSOSYAL RİSKLERİN BELİRLENMESİ. Ankara: ÇALIŞMA VE SOSYAL GÜVENLİK BAKANLIĞI İŞ SAĞLIĞI VE GÜVENLİĞİ GENEL MÜDÜRLÜĞÜ, 2014, p.19.Google Scholar
- Kadoić, N., N.B. Ređep, and B. Divjak. 2017. Decision making with the analytic network process. In The 14th international symposium on operational research, Slovenia, p. 1.Google Scholar
- Li, W-C., and D. Harris. 2006. SHOR and DESIDE: Evaluating the effectiveness of ADM training using a flight simulator. In Proceedings of the human factors and ergonomics society 50th annual meeting, San Francisco, CA.Google Scholar
- Li, Wen-Chin, D. Harris, Lun-Wen Li, Yueh-Ling Hsu, and T. Wang. 2010. Investigating accidents related to errors of aeronautical decision-making in flight operations. In Proceedings of the 41st annual international seminar: investigating asia in mind–accurate speedy, independent, and authentic, Sapporo, Japan, 82–88.Google Scholar
- McDonald, Alan, and David Evans. Introduction to Non-Technical Skills (NTS) Introduction to Non-Technical Skills (NTS)—V011. Corpress. 2016, 2. http://www.corpress.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Introduction-to-Non-Technical-Skills-NTS.pdf. Accessed 28 Feb 2018.
- Mulenburg, Jerry. 2011. Crew resource management improves decision making. Insight Ask Magazine 42: 11–13.Google Scholar
- Prince, C., and Salas, E. 1993. Training and research for teamwork in the military aircrew. In E. L. Wiener, B. G. Kanki, & R. L. Helmreich (eds.), Cockpit resource management, 337–366. San Diego, CA, US: Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- Rađenović, Saša. 2018. Corporate culture, ethics and leadership, 13. http://www.academia.edu/2362289/Corporate_Culture_Ethics_and_Leadership. Accessed 27 Feb 2018.
- Saaty, T.L. 2001. Decision making with dependence and feedback: The analytic network process, 2nd ed. Pittsburgh, USA: RWS Publications.Google Scholar
- Saaty, T.L. 2008. The analytic network process. Iranian Journal of Operations Research 1 (2): 1–27.Google Scholar
- SKYbrary. 2010. Decision-Making Training (OGHFA BN), 1. https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Decision-Making_Training_(OGHFA_BN. Accessed 26 Oct 2010.
- Vu, Kim-Phuong L., Thomas Z. Strybel, Vernol Battiste, and Walter Johnson. 2011. Factors influencing the decisions and actions of pilots and air traffic controllers in three plausible NextGen environments. In Factors influencing the decisions and actions of pilots and air traffic controllers in three plausible nextgen environments, ed. Kim-Phuong L. Vu, Thomas Z. Strybel, Vernol Battiste and Walter Johnson, vol. 37, 7. Long Beach, CA: NASA.Google Scholar
- Yazgan, E, and K.A. Ustun. 2011. Application of analytic network process: Weighting of selection criteria for civil pilots. Journal of Aeronautics and Space Technologies 5 (2): 1–12.Google Scholar
- Yazgan, E., and A. Kucuk Yılmaz. 2018. Multi criteria decision making process for modelling of network design to improve regional avitation in Turkey: Case of Anadolu University. International Journal of Eurasia Social Sciences 1047–1065.Google Scholar
- Zainuddin, Nizamuddin, Abdul Ghani, Dayang Shalbia, and Adam Mohd Saifudin. 2012. Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) in multi criteria decision making: A case of locating the operations of low cost carrier in Malaysia. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 72: 638–650.Google Scholar