Social Inputs Analysis Targeting an Individual and Group
Presence of discernment is astonishingly of paramount importance. Decision-making is highly influenced by a variety of factors. These factors convey distinct types of information to the decision-maker. The proposed system aims at understanding the influence of personality preferences and a group on an individual. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator measures the personality preferences on four specific dimensions and has been used by psychologists on many occasions since ages. This study uses MBTI preferences as a reference, to explore their impacts on an individual. The second important factor analyzed in this article includes the influence of peer pressure. The target audience for this study is youths, as this exploration would help the students understand the influence of external factors on their decision-making power. This system aims at abridging the gap in achieving their career goals and hence deducing what the student might be interested in irrespective of what his/her friend’s preferences are.
KeywordsBehavioral targeting Cluster analysis Natural language processing Personality analysis
This work is fully supported by Don Bosco Institute of Technology. The authors would like to thank Michelle Andrade, Kelly Correia for their assistance and service to this work.
- 2.Liu K, Tang L (2011) Large scale behavioral targeting with a social twist. In: ACM CIKM conference, pp 1815–1824Google Scholar
- 4.Sach R, Petre M, Sharp H (2010) The use of MBTI in software engineering. In: 22nd annual psychology of programming interest group, pp 3–10Google Scholar
- 5.Hadawale MG, Kadam AM, Kannukadan PJ (2014) Large scale behavioral targeting. Project Report DBITGoogle Scholar
- 6.Sentiment Analysis API, http://www.alchemyapi.com/api/sentiment-analysis. Last viewed on 18 Jan 2015
- 7.Fernandez JMM, Nieto AG (2012) Using Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) as a tool for setting up student teams for information technology projects. JITAE 1(1) Google Scholar