Wi-fi-Controlled Robotic Arm Using Arduino
Robotics is one such field where work and research are done every day to make human life much more easy and efficient. In general, robots perform operations with an outside user, with a preexisting set of commands or a person controlling the bot. Robotics and specifically robotic arms are present in almost every field in this world. Robotics arm comes under the medical industry, defense sector, and also under the mechatronics field of engineering. This paper is an overview of how we can control a robotic arm using servomotors and interfacing it with an android app using a Wi-fi module. Arduino Uno is used to program the servos, and the android app is built using the MIT App Inventor which is open-source software.
Keywords3D printing Android Arduino Wi-fi Microcontroller Servomotor
The authors would like to thank Prof. Shivani Bhattacharjee for her guidance and thorough mentorship throughout the duration of this entire project.
- 1.Mon TT, Zulhasifi WM, Baker RA (2008) Virtual design of multi-axis positioning for robotic application. In: IEEE Mech Embed Syst ApplGoogle Scholar
- 2.Mark S, Seth H, Vidyasagar M (2006) Robot modeling and control. Wiley, HobokenGoogle Scholar
- 3.Iqbal J, Islam R, Khan H Modeling and analysis of a 6 DOF robotic manipulatorGoogle Scholar
- 4.Wang T, Hu S, Xu J, Yan D, Bi J (2009) Simulation design and application of music playing robot based on SolidWorks. IEEE Measur Technol Mech AutomGoogle Scholar
- 5.(2012) Can J Electr Electron Eng 3(6):300–306Google Scholar