A Novel Approach on the Role of Femto Small Cells for Effective Energy Consumption in 5G Networks
Fifth generation (5G) is a forthcoming mobile network technology, which is most likely to be initiated in India by 2020 through different top mobile operators. In 5G technology, the mobile consumers will be given extreme importance compared to other features. In this work, an effort is made to analyze the different existing generations of mobile wireless technology in terms of effective energy consumption by the mobile. Even though fifth-generation technology for smart phone network has improved the speed of transmission significantly, in addition it put forward a few drawbacks. Among them, conserving the energy is one of the most significant features in fifth generation. The role of small cells in energy-efficient management is studied and based on the functions they are classified to reduce the energy utilization and increase the energy efficiency. As the cellular technology is growing fast, energy utilization is a major concern. In this paper, we discuss novel architecture of different types of small cells in 5G mobile networks used in effective energy consumption. In the proposed work, among various forms of small cells, we discuss the role of femto cells, particularly in energy consumption.
Keywords5G networks Femto cell Pico cell Micro cell Macro cell
- 4.A. Tudzarov, T. Janevski, Functional architecture for 5G mobile networks. Int. J. Adv. Sci. Technol. 32 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.M.N. Dumbre, M.M. Patwa, M.K. Patwa, 5G WIRELESS TECHNOLOGIES-Still 4G auction not over, but time to start talking 5G. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Technol. Res. (IJSETR) 2(2) (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.T. Janevski, 5G mobile phone concept, in CCNC Conference in Las Vegas (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Tudzarov, T. Janevski, Design of 5G mobile architecture. Int. J. Commun. Netw. Inf. Secur. 3(2) (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.V. Mehta, 5G wireless architecture, http://www.4gwirelessjobs.com/pdf/5g-Wireless-architecture.pdf