Drainage Toxic Gas Detection System Using IoT
- 33 Downloads
Sensing technology has been widely investigated and utilized for gas detection. Due to the different applicability and inherent limitations of different gas sensing technologies, researchers have been working on different scenarios with enhanced gas sensor calibration. We developed an ammonia (NH3) sensor using the PANi solution. It was observed that the sensor gives a quick response to it, which is less than 100 s. This sensor is operable at room temperature. Interfacing of the sensor is done with Arduino and Android application is used to display the results. This monitoring application can be used as a safety precaution for laborers.
KeywordsSensor NH3 sensor Android Arduino IoT
We are thankful to Dr. Pagare J. D. (Assistant Prof. at Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College, Aurangabad), Dr. Mahendra Shirsath Director of RUSA (Rashtriya Uchchattar Shiksha Abhiyan) Centre for Advanced Sensor Technology for allowing us to use their laboratories and other facilities. We are also thankful to Mrs. Manasi Mahadik, Mr. Nikesh Ingale, Mr. Gajanan Bodkhe, Mr. Sayyad Pasha for their valuable guidance in this process.
- 1.Gupta, R.P., Gergintschew, Z., Schipanski, D., Vyas, P.D.: A New Room Temperature FET-Ammonia Sensor. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Knittel, T., Burgmair, M., Freitag, G., Zimmer, M., Eisele, I.: Combined ammonia and hydrogen gas sensor. Sensors. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Hakimi, M., Salehi, A., Boroumand, F.A., Mosleh, N.: Fabrication of a room temperature ammonia gas sensor based on polyaniline with N-doped grapheme quantum dots. IEEE Sens. J. (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Pawar, S.G., Patil, S.L., Chougule, M.A., Raut, B.T., Godase, P.R., Mulic, R.N., Sen, S., Patil, V.B.: New method for fabrication of CSA doped PANi-TiO2 thin-film ammonia sensor. IEEE Sens. J. (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Vaghela, C., Kulkarni, M., Haram, S., Karve, M., Aiyer, R.: Biopolymer-Polyaniline composite for wide range ammonia sensor. IEEE Sens. J. (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, C.K., Liao, C.Y., Lin, S.C., Han, Y.K.: The Electrochemical Synthesis of Polyaniline as a Hole Transport Layer for Polymer LED. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar