Study and propose the size of cement concrete slabs for airport road surface in Vietnam conditions
- 18 Downloads
Cement concrete slabs (CCS) for road pavement has many ad-vantages such as high Young modulus and long life expectancy, but this type of road pavement needs transverse joints (contraction joints, expansion joints and construction joints) that adversely affect the using process. Recently, many scientists have been studying solutions to increase the size (length and width) of cement concrete slabs in order to increase the smoothness of the road pavement and reduce the amount of raining water penetrating into joints. In this paper, the authors study and propose solutions to use reinforcement to reduce the amount of joints on cement concrete pavement which bring a better using process of this road pavement type.
KeywordsCement concrete slabs Road pavement Slab size
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.TCVN 10907 – 2015, Civil Aerodrome -Pavement - Specifications for Design (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.Kazda, Antonín, and Robert E. Caves, eds. Airport design and operation. Emerald Group Publishing Limited, (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.Nguyen Duy Dong, Studying the influence of contraction joint on bearing capacity of cement concrete slab of airport pavement, Research topic, level of Institute of Military Technology, Hanoi (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.Packard, Robert G. Design of concrete airport pavement, 1973.Google Scholar
- 5.Decision No. 3230/QĐ-BGTVT dated 14/12/2012 of the Ministry of Transport on temporarily stipulating jointed cement concrete pavement in construction of transport works.Google Scholar