Creating a Culture Fostering Student Development
Among the professional standards for principals formulated by the Ministry of Education in 2013 and 2015, the “creating a culture fostering student development” was set as one of the six core practices of school leadership (MOE, 2013, 2015).
- An, Y. Q. (2013). Peiyang xuesheng ziwo guanli nengli zengqiang xuesheng zhurenweng yishi [Developing students’ self-managing capacity and enhancing their sense of ownership]. Shuzihua Yonghu[ Digitization User], 7, 85. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Deng, X.H. (2015).校长也要家访教师[Principals need visiting teachers at home].中小学校长[Primary and Secondary School Principals].No.2,pp.44-45.Google Scholar
- Deng, X. H. (2015). Xiaozhang yeyao jiafang jiaoshi [Principals need visiting teachers at home]. Zhongxiaoxue Xiaozhang [Primary and Secondary School Principals], 2, 44-45. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fu, G. L. (2008, May,30). Tantan dui jiaoshi guanli de jidian kanfa [Some views on teacher management]. YiChun Ribao [Yichun Daily], 3. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Gai, D. F. (2012). Banjiti jianshe xianzhuang fenxi ji celue yanjiu [A study on current status and proper strategies of the building of class collective]. Jiaoxue Yu Guanli [Instruction & Management], 2, 67-69. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Gao, C. (2011). Jiaoshi huanjing weisheng zhong de zhurenweng yishi peiyang [Cultivating the sense of ownership through the activity of cleaning classroom]. Kejiao Daokan [The Guide of Science & Education], 10, 182-201. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Guo, T. L. (1998). Yishen zuoze Weiren shibiao——Kongzi guanyu jiaoshi biaoshuai zuoyong de lunshu [Setting an example for students: Confucius’s exposition on teacher’s exemplary role]. Shiyou Jiaoyu [Petroleum Education], 4, 24. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hallinger, P. (2003). Reshaping the landscape of school leadership development: A global perspective. Lisse: Swets & Zeitlinger.Google Scholar
- Hu, L. X. (2007a). Banjiti de hanyi、jiegou ji jiaoyu gongneng [ The meaning, structure and educational function of a class collective]. Zhongguo Deyu [Chinese Journal of Moral Education], 2(3), 72-73. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hu, L. X. (2007b). Banjiti jianshe de hanyi he shijian tujing [The meaning and practical way of class collective building]. Zhongguo Deyu [Chinese Journal of Moral Education], 2(5), 71-73. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hu, L. X. (2007c). Banjiti jianshe de guocheng he jiben celue [The process and basic strategies for building of class collective]. Zhongguo Deyu [Chinese Journal of Moral Education], 2(6), 63-66. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- National Teachers’ Research Fund Management Office (NTRFMO) (2014). Zhu pingdeng xiaozhang jiaoshi guanxi chuang xuexiao huihuang fazhan weilai [Building equal relationship between principals and teachers and creating brilliant future for schools]. Guojia Jiaoshi Keyan Zhuanxiang Jijin Keyan Chengguo (Shenzhou Jiaoyu di wu juan) [Research outcomes collection of National Teachers’ Research Fund (Shenzhou Education)], 5, 88. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Lai, R. L.(2013). Xuexiao guanli yao zhuzhong qinggan jiaoliu [Emphasizing on emotional communication in school management]. Xue Zhoukan [Learning Weekly], 5, 199. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Li, C. P. (2014). Biangexing lingdao yu tuandui xiangneng: tuandui nei hezuo de kuaceng zhongjie zuoyong [Transformational leadership and team effectiveness: The cross-level mediating effect of intra-team cooperation]. Guanli Pinglun [Management Review], 26(4), 73-81. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Li, C. P. and Mao, K. X. (2018). Biangexing lingdao dui xin yuangong jingyedu de yingxiang: renting shijiao xia de yanjiu [The impact of transformational leadership on engagement of newcomers: A study from the identification perspective]. Buanli Pinglun [Management Review], 30(7),136-147. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Li, C. P. and Shi, K. (2005). Biangexing lingdao de jiegou yu celiang [The structure and measurement of transformational leadership in China]. Xinli Xuebao[Acta Psychologica Sinica], 37(6), 803-811. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Li, C. D. (2007). Xiaozhang bufang huan yizhong fangshi tanxin [Principal’s heart to heart talk with staff: an alternative way]. Zhongxiaoxue Guanli [School Management], 4, 24-25. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liu, F. Y, (2013). Xiaozhang yao zuohao he jiaoshi de qingguan goutong [Principals’ well emotional communication with teachers.]. Jiaoxue Yu Guanli [Instruction & Management], 7, 6-7. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liu, G. H. (2007). Cong xinsheng jiaoshi zouxiang zhuanjia: jietishi jiaoshi peixun de chuangyi sheji [From novice teachers to experts: Creative design of ladder type teacher training]. Shanghai: ECNU Press.Google Scholar
- Liu, H. (2000). Beijing shida fuzhong [The high school affiliated to Beijing Normal University]. Beijing: People’s Education Press.Google Scholar
- Lu, M. (2017). Goujian gaopinzhi banji shenghuo [Building high quality life in a class]. Nanjing: Phoenix Science Press.Google Scholar
- Lu, Y. (2017). Shuaixin chuifan chuagnjian hexie xiaoyuan [Take the lead in building a harmonious campus]. Huan Bohai Jingji Tiaowang [Economic Outlook the Bohai Sea], 12, 8. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Lv, Y. (2010). Tantan xiaozhang yu jiaoshi tanxin de wuqu [On the wrong ways of principal’s heart to heart talk with teachers]. Jiaoxue Yu Guanli] [Instruction & Management], 8, 9. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Ma, L. F. et al. (2005). Liushi ge xiaozhang de zhihui tanhua [A wise conversation with 60 principal]. Shanghai: Shanghai Education Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Makarenko, A. C.(1956). Makalianke quanji(di wu juan) [The complete works of Makarenko (Vol. 5)]. Beijing: People’s Education Press.Google Scholar
- Mao Tse-Tung. (1967). Maozhuxi lun jiaoyu geming [Chairman Mao on educational revolution]. Beijing: People’s Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Mao Tse-Tung (1966). Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung. Beijing: Foreign Language Press.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Education (2013). Jiaoyubu guanyu yinfa《yiwu jiaoyu xuexiao xiaozhang zhuanye biaozhun》de tongzhi [Circular of MOE on publishing “the Professional Standards for Principals of Compulsory Education Schools”]. http://www.moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A10/s7151/201302/t20130216_147899.html. Accessed 14 Sept 2017.
- Ministry of Education. (2015). Jiaoyubu guanyu yinfa 《putong gaozhong xiaozhang zhuanye biaozhun》《zhongdeng zhiye xuexiao xuaozhang biaozhun》《youeryuan yuanzhang zhuanye biaozhun》de tongzhi [Circular of MOE on publishing “the Professional Standards for Principals of Senior High Schools”, “the Professional Standards for Principals of Secondary Vocational Schools”, and “the Professional Standards for Kindergarten Heads”] . http://www.moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A10/s7151/201501/t20150112_189307.html. Accessed 15 Sept 2017.
- National People’s Congress (1990). Zhonghua renmin gongheguo guoqifa [Law of the People’s Republic of China on National Flag]. https://www.mfa.gov.cn/ce/cohk/chn/syzx/tyflsw/t54839.htm. Accessed 22 Sept 2018.
- Ministry of Education (MOE). (2001).The compendium for curriculum reform of basic education(Trial ed.).Google Scholar
- http://www.moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A26/jcj_kcjcgh/200106/t20010608_167343.html Retrieved 22 Aug. 2018.
- Ministry of Education (MOE). (2001).The compendium for curriculum reform of basic education(Trial ed.). http://www.moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A26/jcj_kcjcgh/200106/t20010608_167343.html. Accessed 22 Aug 2018.
- National People’s Congress. (1982). Zhonghua renmin gongheguoxianfa [The constitution of the People’s Republic of China]. http://www.npc.gov.cn/npc/xinwen/node_505.htm. Accessed 22 Oct 2017.
- Sergiovanni, T. J. (1992). Moral leadership: getting to the heart of school improvement. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.Google Scholar
- Sergiovanni, T. J. (1996). Leadership for the schoolhouse: How is it differenct? why is it important? San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.Google Scholar
- Sergiovanni, T. J. and Starratt, R. J. (1998). Supervision: A redefinition (sixth edition). Boston: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Party Literature Studies Office (1990). Dengxiaoping tongzhi lun jiaoyu [Comrade Deng Xiaoping on education]. Beijing: People’s Education Press.Google Scholar
- Shao, H. G. (2018). Xuexiao guanli zhong de gangrouxiangji yiqingdongren [The emotional management in school: hard and soft side of leadership behavior together with the motivating with emotion.]. Zhongguo Jiaoyu Xuekan [journal of Chinese Society of Education], 7, 54-55. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Song, et al.,(2010. Mar. 16). Shengqiyishi: cong guiding dognzuo dao biekaishengmian [Flag raising ceremony: from the fixed way to the variety]. Zhongguo Jiaoyu Bao [China Education Daily],7. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- State Education Commission (1990). Guanyu shixing<zhonghua renmin gongheguo guoqifa>yan’ge zhongxiaoxue shengjiang guoqi de tongzhi [Circular on the implementation of the “law of the People’s Republic of China on national flag” and the strict regulation of raising and lowering the national flag in primary and secondary schools]. http://www.moe.gov.cn/jyb_sjzl/moe_1695/tnull_38256.html. Accessed 22 Sept 2018.
- The 19th National Congress of the CPC. (2017). Zhongguo gongchandang dangzhang [Constitution of the Communist Party of China]. http://www.12371.cn/special/zggcdzc/zggcdzcqw/#diyizhang. Accessed 20 Sept 2018.
- The Analects (translated by Waley, A.) (1998). Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press.Google Scholar
- The Project Team of Pengzhi Liu’s Perspectives and Practice of School Education. (2010). Liupengzhi jiaoyu sixiang yu shijian [Pengzhi Liu’s Perspectives and Practice of School Education]. Beijing: China Renmin University Press.Google Scholar
- Wen, Y. P. (1995). Xiaozhang ying shuaixian chuifan [Principal ought to be a good example for staff and students ]. Jiangxi jiaoyu xueyuan xuebao [ Journal of Jiangxi Institute of Education], 16(2), 70-71. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wu, S.Y. (2008). Xiaozhang ying zhuzhong qinggan guanli [Principals should pay attention to emotional management]. Xin Kecheng Yanjiu (Jiaoyu Guanli) [New Curriculum Study (Educational Administration)], 2, 27. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xiang,Y.Q.(2010a). Xiaozhang juese xingwei de bianzheng sikao(shangpian)[Dialectical thinking on the role and behavior of principals (part one)]. Tianjin Jiaoyu Bao [Tianjin Education News],3, (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xiang, Y. Q. (2010b, Mar. 10). Xiaozhang juese xingwei de bianzheng sikao(xiapian) [Dialectical thinking on the role and behavior of principals (part one)]. Tianjin Jiaoyu Bao [Tianjin Education News],7. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xie, L. Z. (2003). Yu xuaizgang tan jiafang [Talking to principals about home visitation]. Fujian jiaoyu xueyuan xuebao [Journal of Fujian Institute of Education], 6, 63. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xie, Y. F. (2013). Qinggan yinsu zai xuexiao guanli zhong de zuoyong [The role of emotional factors in school management]. Jiaoyu jiaoxue luntan [Education and Teaching Forum], 3, 19-20. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xu, et al. (2016). Xuexiao shengqi yishi de jiazhi huigui [Returning to the value of flag raising ceremony in schools]. Jiaoxue Yu Guanli [Instruction & Management], 3, 7-9. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yang, B.Y., Wang, N. and Zhang, Z. (2014). Jiti lingdaoli lilun jichu tanxi [On the theoretical basis of collective leadership]. Guanli Xuebao [Chinese Journal of Management], 11(10), 1428-1435. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yang, W. (2003). Xiaoyi yishenzuoze、weirenshibiao [Discussion on setting an example for students]. Jiaoyu Tansuo [Education Exploration], 5, 93-94. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang, B. S. (2013). Xuexiao qinggan guanli tansuo yu shijian [Exploration and implementation of school emotional management]. Zhongguo Xiaowai Jiaoyu [Chinese Off-campus Education], 2, 1, 11. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang, F. S. (2002). Xinshiji shanghai zhongxiaoxue kecheng jiaocai gaide de shijian yu renshi [Practice and understanding of Shanghai curriculum and textbooks reform in primary and secondary schools in new century]. Shanghai Shifan Daxue Xuebao(Zhexue Shehui Kexue•Jiaoyu Ban) [Journal of Shanghai Normal University (Social & Education Sciences)], 31(11), 1-9.Google Scholar
- Zhang, J. Z. (2013). Xinan tiyu zhongxue jianxiao ershi zhounian deyu gongzuo tanxi [The 20th anniversary of the founding of Southwest Weiyu High School: The progress in moral education] Shanghai: Shaghai Southwest Weiyu High School.Google Scholar
- Zhang, M. S. (1996). Shanghai mingyu xiaozhang banxue jingyan yanjiu [Experience of Shanghai’s honorary principals]. Shanghai: Shanghai Educational Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Zhao, X. L.(1992). Waiguo jiaoyujia pingzhuan(di san juan) [A review of international educationists(Vol.3)]. Shanghai: Shanghai Educational Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Zhao, Z. D. (2017). Sishi nianlai maozedong jiti zhuyi sixiang yanjiu shuping [A review of studies on Mao Zedong’s collectivism thought in the past forty years]. Zhengzhou Qinggongye Xueyuan Xuebao(Shehui Kexue Ban) [Journal of Zhengzhou University of Light Industry(Social Science ed.)], 18(5),14-19. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zou, H. M. (2002). Fa hui“xiaozhang qinggan touru”de guanli xiaoneng [Giving play to the management efficiency of “principal’s emotional input”]. Jiaoxi Jiaoyu Xuekan Xuebao (Shehui Kexue) [Journal of Jiangxi Institute of Education (Social Sciences)], 23(5), 95-96. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zuo, Q. P. and Zhang, F. X. (1984). Lun jiti jiaoyu zai gongchan zhuyi daode jiaoyu zhong de diwei [On the role of collective education in Communist moral education]. Jilin Shifan Xueyuan Xuebao [Journal of Jilin Teacher’s College], 1, 6-12. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.