Cooperative Optimization of Seat Control and Ticket Price for High-Speed Rail Passenger Transport
- 18 Downloads
With the rapid construction of the high-speed railway in China, the operational efficiency and revenue performance are getting more and more attention from operators. In this paper, the idea of revenue management is adopted to adjust the passenger flow of parallel trains through differential pricing considering the preference of passengers for different parallel trains. Based on utility theory, the Multinomial Logit model is used to describe passengers’ choice behavior among parallel trains, and a cooperative optimization model for ticket price and seat control of high-speed rail network with multi-train and multi-stop stations is established. At the same time, the optimization strategy of differential pricing and seat control of parallel trains is obtained. The validity of the model is proved by numerical experiments based on the train of Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway. The optimization polices of this model in this paper can provide optimization strategy for the revenue management of high-speed parallel trains and enrich the synchronous optimization theory of capacity control and pricing in revenue management.
KeywordsRevenue management Railway transportation Capacity control Differential pricing
This work is supported by the Research Program of Science and Technology at Universities of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region (NJZY18012); the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51668048); and the Inner Mongolia Natural Science Foundation (No. 2017BS0501). The authors deeply appreciate the support.
- 1.De BSV (2003) Advances in airline revenue management and pricing. Massachusetts Inst Technol 10–16Google Scholar
- 2.Zhao P, Li YF, Li B (2017) Study on the train choice behavior for high-speed railway passengers considering the departure time preference. J Beijing JiaoTong Univ 41(6):2–3Google Scholar
- 4.Li YF (2017) Research on passengers’ booking behavior under conditions of high speed railway parallel trains. Beijing JiaoTong University, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 8.Bao Y, Liu J, Ma MS (2012) Analysis and Simulation of arrival process of passenger ticket purchase request during ticket Pre-sale period. J Beijing JiaoTong Univ 36(6):27–32Google Scholar
- 11.Cizaire C (2011) Optimization models for joint airline pricing and seat inventory control: multiple products, multiple periods. Massachusetts Inst TechnolGoogle Scholar