Corporate Governance and Shareholder Communication
This chapter examines corporate governance, shareholder communication as Kazakhstan inches forward to build a credible regional stock exchange to raise funds through the capital markets. It discusses best practices in financial communication so that stakeholders in the region are familiar with the baseline standards for a well-regarded financial market.
KeywordsCorporate governance Shareholder communication Investor relations practice
- Bushee, B. J., & Miller, G. S. (2005). Investor relations, firm visibility, and investor following. http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/1290.pdf. Accessed 22 August 2019.
- Ferracone, R. (2016, December 1). Three drivers of corporate governance you can’t ignore. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/robinferracone/2016/12/01/three-drivers-of-global-corporate-governance-you-cant-ignore/#c67e0017f3ba. Accessed 22 August 2019.
- Hashimoto, H. (1998). The importance of the free circulation of information. Lessons from the Asian Economic Crisis, Media Asia, 25(4), 213–217.Google Scholar
- Karazhan, Y. (Ed.). (2019). Kazakhstan and the Global World: Challenges and Opportunities. Astana Economic Forum.Google Scholar
- McKenzie, B. (2016). 5 Essential elements of corporate governance. Global Compliance News. https://globalcompliancenews.com/corporate-governance/5-essential-elements-of-corporate-compliance/. Accessed 22 August 2019.
- Nair, B. (2004, November 4). Speech on Corporate Branding in a Competitive International Environment. Shanghai PR Conference.Google Scholar
- Reuters. (2019, February 6). Kazakhstan wraps up $3.4 billion Tsesnabank bailout. https://www.reuters.com/article/tsesnabank-ma-fhs-idUSL5N2012WP. Accessed 22 August 2019.
- Sorbello, P. (2018, October 15). A Tough September for Kazakhstan’s banks. The Diplomat. https://thediplomat.com/2018/10/a-tough-september-for-kazakhstans-banks/. Accessed 22 August 2019.
- Yusuf, S. (2014). Knowledge-based economic growth. In A. Aitzhanova, S. Katsu, J. Linn, & V. Yezhov (Eds.), Kazakhstan 2050: Toward a Modern Society for All (pp. 227–252). Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar