Planning Successful Campaigns
This chapter is a discussion on planning successful campaigns. It takes the reader—civil servants, civic campaigners, communication practitioners in the private sector—through case examples and checklists, on how to manage social campaigns. It demonstrates the importance of well-planned, sustained social campaigns in policy execution.
KeywordsPublic campaigns Campaign strategies Marketing public policies Prior attitudes New Public Management
- Andreasen, A. R. (1995). Marketing Social Change: Changing Behavior to Promote Health, Social Development, and the Environment. San-Francisco: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Bales, S. N. (2002). Framing Public Issues. Washington, DC: Frameworks Institute. http://www.frameworksinstitute.org/assets/files/PDF/FramingPublicIssuesfinal.pdf. Accessed 22 August 2019.
- Baimenov, A., & Janenova, S. (2019). The emergence of a new model? Trajectories of civil service development in the former Soviet Union countries. In A. Baimenov, & P. Liverakos (Eds.), Public Service Excellence in the 21st Century (pp. 105–143). Singapore: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Dichter, E. (2002). The Strategy of Desire. London: Transaction Publishers.Google Scholar
- Hornik, R. C. (2013). Why can’t we sell human rights like we sell soap? In R. E. Rice & C. K. Atkin (Eds.), Public Communications Campaigns (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks: Sage.Google Scholar
- Kotler, P. (1967). Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, and Control. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan. (2014, April 23). On the Internal Affairs Bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, No. 199-V. https://en.tengrinews.kz/zakon/The_Parliament_of_the_Republic_of_Kazakhstan_/National_security/id-Z1400000199/. Accessed 22 August 2019.
- Lindholm, C. (2002). The Islamic Middle East: Tradition and Change. Malden: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Nair, B. (2012, July 12). Governance in a Wired World. Business Times.Google Scholar
- Paisley, W. J. (2012). Public communications campaigns: The American experience. In R. E. Rice & C. K. Atkin (Eds.), Public Communications Campaigns (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks: Sage.Google Scholar