Nonlinear Observer Based Fault Diagnosis for an Innovative Intensified Heat-Exchanger/Reactor
This paper describes an application of a fault detection and isolation (FDI) scheme for an intensified Heat-exchanger (HEX)/Reactor, where the exothermic chemical reaction of sodium thiosulfate oxidation by hydrogen peroxide is performed. To achieve this, precise estimation of all states of HEX/Reactor, including temperatures and concentrations of different reactants, as well as process fault detection and isolation is completed by a high gain observer. Then, process fault identification is achieved by several banks of interval filters. Finally, an intensified HEX/reactor is used to validate the effectiveness of the proposed strategy. Simulation results are shown to illustrate the performance of the algorithm presented.
KeywordsFault diagnosis Fault identification High gain observer Parameter interval filter HEX/reactor
This work was supported by China Scholarship Council (CSC); the National Nature Science Foundation of China under Grant 61963009; the Department of Science and Technology of Guizhou (grand numbers 4014, 11, 2302, 2154); and the Department of Education of Guizhou (grand numbers ZDXK 8).
- 3.Gertler, J.J.: Survey of model-based failure detection and isolation in complex plants. J. IEEE Control Syst. Mag. (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Chiang, L.H., Russell, E.L., Braatz, R.D.: Fault diagnosis in chemical processes using fisher discriminant analysis, discriminant partial least squares, and principal component analysis. 243–252 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Qin, S.J., Zheng,Y.: Quality-relevant and process-relevant fault monitoring with concurrent projection to latent structures. 59(2), 496–504 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Himmelblau, M.D.: Applications of artificial neural networks in chemical engineering. 17(4), 373–392 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, Z., Dahhou, B., Zhang, B., Cabassud, M.: Actuator gain fault diagnosis for heat-exchanger/reactor. In: Chinese Automation Congress 2019 (CAC). pp. 940–945 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang, M., Li, Z., Cabassud, M., Dahhou, B.: An integrated FDD approach for an intensified HEX/Reactor. J. Control Sci. Eng. 2018 (2018)Google Scholar
- 19.Pierri, F., Paviglianiti, G., Caccavale, F., Mattei, M.: Observer-based sensor fault detection and isolation for chemical batch reactors. 21, 1204–1216 (2008)Google Scholar