Traffic Congestion Visualization by Traffic Parameters in India
This study focuses on traffic flow analysis in developing country (India) based on a month period. The data is collected by traffic monitoring cameras in a city and summarized as major traffic flow parameters such as traffic density, traffic volume, vehicle velocity, occupancy, and headway. In general, traffic negative impact becomes big issues in developing countries. The main purpose of the study is to analyse traffic congestion condition in detail by visualization analysis for traffic flow characteristics based on real measured data. We took one month real traffic data in the city and analyze traffic congestion level with using occupancy parameter and traffic density relationship based on time zone. These analyses become important to understand real traffic condition, especially in developing countries. The reason is that traffic congestion becomes big issues in terms of economical loss, environment destruction, and traffic fatality growth these days. This study helps to analyze traffic condition and find out solution for Indian traffic congestion.
KeywordsTraffic flow Traffic congestion Basic traffic diagram Developing country traffic
This study also underwent the ID16667556 of the International Science and Technology Cooperation Program (SATREPS) challenges for global challenges in 2016.
Special appreciation to Mr. C. Kikuchi and Mr. B. Mallesh of Zero-Sum ITS India for providing traffic data in Ahmedabad.
- 1.Tsuboi T, Oguri K (2016) Traffic flow analysis in emerging country. Inf Process Soc Jpn J 57(4):1284–1289Google Scholar
- 2.Tsuboi T, Oguri K (2016) Analysis of traffic flow and traffic congestion in emerging country. Inf Process Soc Jpn J 57(12):2819–2826Google Scholar
- 3.Kawakami S, Matsui H (2007) Transport engineering. Morikita Publishing Co., pp 102–103Google Scholar
- 4.Tsuboi T, Yoshikawa N (2017) Traffic flow analysis in emerging country (India), CODATU VXII. http://www.codatu.org/bibliotheque/doc/codatu-xvii-presentation-traffic-flow-analysis-in-emerging-country-india-tsutomu-tsuboi-nagoya-electric-works-co-ltd-noriaki-yoshikawa-cyber-creative-institute-co-ltd/
- 5.Kawakami S, Matsui H (2007) Transport engineering. Morikita Publishing Co., pp 108–109Google Scholar